GUN Another police vehicle broken into

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Apr 24, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Machine guns stolen from SWAT van
    Story Tools
    E-mail this story | Print
    By Alex Doniach
    The Commercial Appeal
    April 23, 2007

Memphis police were looking Monday night for the thieves who stole seven weapons from a North Carolina SWAT team van parked in South Memphis.

Members of the SWAT team based in Raleigh, N.C., were eating at Interstate Bar-B-Que, 2265 S. Third, about 3:30 p.m. Monday when they realized their van had been broken into, said Lt. Jerry Gwyn of Memphis felony response.

Advertisement
    Taken were three machine guns, two semi-automatic handguns, and two 12-gauge shot guns, Gwyn said.

The officers, who were traveling from Raleigh to Little Rock for training, noticed two thieves driving away in a burgundy Ford Expedition, Gwyn said. A video surveillance camera also caught the thieves in action.

"We’re concerned with getting these guns off the street," Gwyn said. "We have a lot of folks working on it right now."

The theft was reminiscent of a heist in 1997, when thieves stole a Little Rock FBI team’s Suburban. Inside the SUV were grenade launchers, M-16 rifles, submachine guns and other potent weapons, which were found after an intense three-day search.

2. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Lucky bastards got some good heaters.

3. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

have guns for sale, cash is king NO POLICE pm for details

4. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

my dad's friend is on the Raleigh SWAT team. i'll see if i can ask him what was taken. I remember like 8 years ago one of the members was driving to a training course that he taught with his guns in the back of his pickup truck. he must have hit a bump on the highway and an M4 and MP5 fell out onto the shoulder. someone found them and called the police.