GUN Another mailman thread

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soybomb, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Sometimes I'm indecisive
    [​IMG]

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I want that Micro..... Send it to me so that I can tell you if it sucks or not.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

:big grin: I don't think I'm going to even mount the eotech. The aimpoint will probably meet my needs best, the accupoint will probably be the most fun. The micro sure is light, the only thing I notice as I just play with it in my hand is if you get too far off center you get a ghost red ring around the glass. I could potentially see it as being annoying in rare circumstances.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Initial thoughts (keep in mind I dont' even have a mount for the accupoint yet so I'm just horsing around):

The accupoint is pretty sweet. Standing in a dark room with it picking up a little spill from the streetlight in the window and however much the tritium adds I can look down the street light lit street and see things at 250 yards away that I would have a hard time seeing well with a 1x sight. On the down side if you're in a dark room and use a tac light from a position forward of the scope, the red triangle is barely red, its really more black. The double pillars do seem to stand out pretty well so its not ideal but probably workable. Magnification to see the target just feels like what a rifle should have and at night it seems even more necessary for shots you could have made in the day.

The aimpoint has its pluses too. It is ridiculously light weight and small. It stands out very well in a dark room and stands out even better if you use a flash light. Personally, I think its a little touchy with brightness and head position. If I leave the dot on e asetting higher than is necessary and get my head off center I red ghost rings around the ground edges of the glass. Its annoying. I've not used any of the bigger ones but I'm guessing the larger models are less forgiving. Looking down the street I can see and probably hit the same things I saw with the accupoint, but without having looked through the accupoint first I probably wouldn't have had nearly as good an idea what I was looking at.

Which will I keep? Still not sure. I love the size of the aimpoint, its performance inside with a light (home defense gun and range toy), and the perks of a red dot sight like unlimited eye relief. The accupoint's magnification seems like a huge bonus. Its a shame the accupoint doesn't have a small led integrated to feed the fiber optic collectors, I think its performance indoors with weapon mounted lights would be improved.