Another hip hop thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Two-Lane Blacktop, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Two-Lane Blacktop

Two-Lane Blacktop New Member

I received a PM asking what new rappers were coming out and thought I’d make a thread about it. Post some stuff you’ve been listening to and let’s get a list going.

I've been talking about him for awhile but every list for me in 2010 begins with Jay Electronica. This third verse (around the 3 minute mark) is the best flow I think I’ll hear all year.
    [y]Jc09HB7nEbA[/y]
    [y]o-X8ZfqNB8I&feature=related[/y]

He’s been around since ’98 so he’s not new by any means, but Z-ro put out two of my favorite songs of the year. IMO the most underrated rapper out, how he hasn't blown up yet is beyond me
    [y]JA7yl-RiMms[/y]
    [y]b-eZyDSDe8A[/y]

Currensy never impressed me with Young Money, but since he’s gone solo he’s shined. You might not notice it at first cause he talks about weed/money all the time, but he has one of the nicest flows around
    [y]NYkPxF2bYkg[/y]

J. Cole is a rapper from North Carolina who signed with Jay-Z. He dropped the verse of the year IMO on Wale’s album
    [y]IcmpJX_FSFw[/y]
    [y]-dyPeGDeS3o[/y]

Sol.illaquists
    [y]I22wtawMWEw[/y]
    [y]OWvH4UIDMEQ[/y]

Skyzoo
    [y]BOMJA16H3yw[/y]
    [y]tkOEBFYO4_Q&feature=fvw[/y]

Freddie Gibbs:
    [y]_TpkCEFNldc[/y]
    [y]vOkFZZFhwIE[/y]

People either love or hate Charles Hamilton because of his behavior away from the studio, but I think he puts out really good music:
    [y]9wyapfpE7lQ[/y]
    [y]Rg0uyE2Pl-w&feature=related[/y][FONT=&quot]

Lil' B released a mixtape called "6 Kiss" that I found very entertaining:
    [/FONT] [y]mI1xzYhk_hY[/y]
    [y]q88vT2XqSi0&feature=related[/y]

I don't know what he's doing now, but Danny Swain is a rapper from South Carolina who's released a couple albums in the last couple years. His raps are decent, but I really, really like his beats:
    [y]0RkAZQ1CAlI&feature=related[/y]

2. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

freddie gibbs is fucking hard :bowdown: