another friend's zone thread v. how it actually works

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Dec 17, 2008.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

How the friend zone actually works.

This time, illustrated.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

2. JohnJohnJohnson

What!!!

No. Think of it in a positive light. It's a preemptive thread.

If I'd seen this beautifully illustrated comic five years ago I would have lived a painful month of my life very differently.

So what's the back story here with you?

3. JohnJohnJohnson

Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. Feel better.

4. prototism

prototism Guest

Sums up the last 5 or so years of my love life :hs: . Except now.

5. JohnJohnJohnson

I'm glad to hear it.

6. dumbaznboy

dumbaznboy New Member

it's funny. in a sad way

7. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

I'm only laughing cause I'm crying on the inside. BIG FAT TEARS OF FRUSTRATION. :wtc:

:)mamoru:)

8. NCS

NCS Active Member

So true

9. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

When I get friend zoned I dont stick around. I go into the "oh yeah, we used to hang out. I kinda know her" zone.

Chicks move on quickly so I do to.

10. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

you must make clear of your sexual intentions as soon as you meet these bitches. dont wait around for the perfect moment to make a move, or it might be too late. you only have yourself to blame if she finds another dude.

11. Nuhlinga

Nuhlinga Whaa gwaaan papcaann?

:sad2: story of my life for the last 3 years :wtc:

12. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

:rofl: shouldn't copious amounts of alcohol be included in the hookup section?

i've heard girls use that "relationships should grow smoothly out of friendships" line before as well though.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

that's the "nice guy" right there

14. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Because it's true. It's your own fault if you act like such a pussy as a friend that she doesn't want you as a boyfriend.

15. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

:confused:

are you calling me a pussy? i'm not talking about girls i'm interested in or have been friendzowned by, just something i've heard girls say. some girls have said they prefer for a relationship to grow out of a friendship instead of jumping into it via dating. i found it funny that in the comic the guy was saying the same.

16. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

midgetized has a very good point. my husband and i were friends for 2 years before we started dating, but i doubt he let a month go by without telling me he wanted to have sex with me.

and i do prefer a relationship grows out of friendship. it feels healthier that way to me, and there are ways to do that without being friendzoned

17. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Actually this is true. My best relationship so far has come from a 1.5 year friendship. We knew each other very well before hand. None of this keeping secrets or hiding parts of your personality.

I found in all my other relationships, I would eventually figure out their big secrete that made me want to dump them or eventually their crazy side of their personality came out.

18. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Well you said it like it was something odd. It should be common sense that the best relationships grow from friendships.

19. Soysauce

Soysauce New Member

Me and my current SO built our relationship from a drunk hook up and we have had an amazing healthy relationship for the last year since Sunday. I couldn't be happier. I'm not saying this is the way to go, but it does work better this way for some people.

20. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

:rofl: i just thought you were calling me out because you thought that i was complaining over being friendzowned or something like that when i wasn't even talking about myself.

not odd, just funny that he was using a line that i've heard girls use. in the comic he says it because he wants to avoid rejection, but some girls say it because they prefer it that way. also, for some it's like trying on a pair of jeans before buying them.

if you're interested in a girl, then go for it, instead of some "hanging around her in hopes that she realizes you're the one" method. if you're just friends and then feelings develop and you take it to that other level, that's different.

i'm not saying friendship -> relationship is a bad thing either.

the point is, there's a bit of irony to him saying something that girls say as well, but it's funny/pathetic when he says it, and not when a girl says the same.

21. JohnJohnJohnson

As a policy, it is bad sense to try to befriend a girl in order to start something romantic with her.

That doesn't mean friendships never turn into good relationships.

There are individual cases and then there is good policy.

22. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

Yea. sometimes you meet a girl and NEVER think that you would ever start something romantic with her and then sometime down the road, all of a sudden you fall for her and at that point it is really a random roll of the dice on whether you two will work out or not.

23. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

First of all, you being a woman will probably never understand the friendzone. The girls who come in and say this shit, really don't realize how easy it is to fall into. Sometimes, yeah, it's all about being a pussy. A lot of time, though, it starts because the guy is "friends" with a girl who is in a relationship, and doesn't want to make an inappropriate move on a girl in that situation, so he stays her "friend" because she keeps telling him how sick she is of her boyfriend, leading him on with false hope. It usually takes two or three rounds of the push/pull from these girls for the guy to wake up and realize what the fuck happened. It's not always cut and dry as "he was a pussy." Sometimes he just likes the girl, wants to be her friend but ends up developing more feelings for her than he intended, and then gets trapped in a few cycles of push/pull from the girl before waking up and getting out.

Secondly, I've seen you make this comment probably hundreds of times down here, but I've never seen you expand on it. If you believe that developing a relationship out of friendship is the best way, then PLEASE educate all us guys on the best way to do so without being friendzoned. ;)

24. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Big fucking .

Happened to me once, and I learned from my mistakes. I never talk to people that I like over on internet or instant messaging programs.

25. prototism

prototism Guest

:werd:

Self-righteous ... nevermind