SRS Another difficult break-up thread......

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DH350, Apr 8, 2007.

1. DH350

DH350 New Member

Alrighty, heres the story. I had been dating this woman for just over 8 months. We met online through a dating site. We instantly clicked. Our personalities were very similar, and had similar intrests. She is a single mom, which I had no problem with. Life dealt her a bad hand and she has had abusive men in her past. First few months were good, we had problems but nothing we couldnt work out. Sex was good during that time, and she said she was satisfied. Around thanksgiving the intimacy had dropped off dramatically. she was in a job that she hated and was having other problems, that took a toll. I continued to stay by her side and assisted when I could (emotionally and finacially). The fights grew more agressive. She lost her job in December. Come the first of the year she started attending AA and I saw positive changes take shape. We tried working out our differences. She stated that she was appriciative that I was standing by her and that this would get better. The last 2 months she became more distant and aggressive towards me. We would go out and have good times, but also have bad times. We had a wonderful date on St. Pattys day, and I noted that there was love still there between us both. Then it started to go downhill from there. She claimed she was feeling boxed in and that I didnt get her. She said I didnt understand and never would. I tried to get us to communicate. Finallly it hit hard last week. She gave me the boot. I told her to pack up my belongings and have them ready in 30 minutes to pick up. She threatened to call the police if I showed up and press charges for stalking. I showed anyways, hoping the cops would show, just so I would have them there to ensure nothing escalated. She came out of her apartment and left the property. I stuck around for a few afterwards. I eventually left. The next day I recieved a nasty txt message, followed by a call, that escalated into a full bore shouting match on both sides. I asked to have my stuff returned to me and she started claiming that my stuff was gifts to her and I would never see them again, and I should be prepared to go to court to get anything back. The day after that I was broken. I spent a good portion of the day crying for my loss, not just of her, but for the little girl that I had grown attached to. She called me later to tell me some information about her eldest daughter, and I made some comments that were positive, but my delivery wasnt great. She had asked why I was acting so melencholy, gee I wonder.

So now a few more days have passed and I tried to contact her regarding giving her back her stuff and getting my stuff. No replies. I think she is ignoring me. This is the first day I really havent cried, but my mood still hasnt changed. I am heart broken. I have been through rough break-ups before, but nothing quite like this. I feel like I dont have the energy to continue on, facing another failed relationship. The lonliness is terrible. The emptyness I feel hurts. I am tired and mentally drained. I dont have too many friends that I can go to, or hang out with. I am the last single person in my circle. I just feel so lost. I know I have left out some details, but that might take a few pages. Anyone have some words of encouragement?

Yeah I know I aint got shit for posts here, but I use to, but my OG name got pruned.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If you want your stuff back goto her apartment and get it, honestly when arguments arise the last thing they will do is just give it back, just barge in and grab them, leave and never make contact again.

Im sorry to hear that it went that way, at least you tried. Its pretty vague why she went into a frenzy, just because she had problems doesn't mean she had to react them out on you, but she did which made you feel miserable beyond belief.

Personally i think you deserve to be treated in a better way then this.

3. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

I think you should just go get your stuff leave and never contact her again. Try your hardest to put her out of your mind. Anything you can do to keep her out will help! Good luck!

4. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

Forget it man. Just forget it, her, her problems, everything. Suck it up and chalk if up to experience. You don't need the drama, the angst, the bad form, the whole booze thing (although I do applaud AA).
    Let it go. If you hang around, it's just going to be games and you are just going to be a pawn.
    Sorry to be so brutual, but I won't lie to you or tell you what you want to hear.
    Ya it will hurt, it probably will hurt big time, but, time is on your side.
    The best of luck to you.