GUN Another backyard dog shooting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 18, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Broward County sheriff's deputy shoots Dalmatian
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbdog1117sbnov17,0,2801122.story
    By Jose de Wit

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

November 17, 2007

Responding to a call about a barking dog in Weston, a Broward County sheriff's deputy fired two shots at an 11-year-old Dalmatian after it lunged at her, according to police reports.

Now the owner of the wounded dog is fighting mad.

According to police reports, deputy Lisa Damiano was in the Laguna Springs II development about 7:35 a.m. Friday when she heard barking coming from behind the house.

When she walked around to the rear or the house, a large white dog charged at her through an open screen door, the police report said. Fearing for her safety, Damiano felled Fred the Dalmatian.

"He was barking at a duck," said the dog's owner, Cliff Esterson. "If there's a problem, knock on my door, [say] 'Sir, your dog is causing a disturbance, could you please control it?'"

Esterson said the officer did not knock, but instead went straight into his backyard. His wife, Marilyn, said she then heard Fred "screaming."

The dog was taken to a veterinary hospital, where he remains in critical condition, the owners said.

Damiano said in the police report that the Estersons' property is unfenced, that the dog was not restrained by a leash and that there are no warning signs saying there was a dog.

Esterson said the dog was inside his family's property, restrained by a collar that delivers a shock whenever he crosses the property boundary. Esterson thinks the deputy shot his dog unnecessarily.

"In the worst case, you fire a shot, maybe you use a Taser," Esterson said. "You don't shoot it. This wasn't a pit bull."

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

IT WAS FUCKING BARKING. THAT IS SIGN ENOUGH THAT THERE WAS A DOG!

werd. the dog was on the property. I don't tie my dog up on my property.

3. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

4. cent

cent New Member

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

what. the. fuck.

6. SlowTA367

SlowTA367 New Member

[​IMG]

Because its perfectly ok to kill someone's pit.

7. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

I talk to a cop on here often. IIRC he said shooting dogs is normal, and part of the department's policy.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

um, yea, it's the 28th Amendment. Didn't you go to school???

:hsugh:

9. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

This is part of the reason i smile a little inside every time a cop gets killed.

10. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

again, people think im just talking shit about these fucking cops illegally coming into peoples property and killing their dogs. i would shoot the cop in the face if he did that on my property, especially if he didnt have a warrant.

cops are the scum of the earth, especially women cops. get in the fucking kitchen where you belong.

11. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

so in oregon it is legal to use deadly force to defend person and property. So would it be legal to use deadly force to defend against a LEO who is illegally operating outside of his job description -- because at that point, as far as the law is concerned, he's no longer a LEO???

I know the court would fuck you, but you see my point?

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I used to love cops. I used to want to be a cop. Not any more. They are so fucking horrible. Whoever said cops were just the "school-yard bullies" who found a job that pays them for it was fucking RIGHT!

13. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

:rofl:

wow

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Theirs assholes in every profession. They just stand out more amongst LEO's cause they're always in contact with the public. But yeah alot of cops out there shouldn't be cops.

15. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

ok faggot. it's well known that dalmations are more aggressive than pit bulls. I work at a vet clinic and see tons of pits and a few dalmations and i've STILL seen more aggressive dalmations than I have pits. my pit bull is nice as can be.

16. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

yea, dalmations are fucking MEAN.

17. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

lol, yea you got my number huh. Like was said about I used to love/want to be a cop and I was a police explorer as a kid. That was until I was an MP for a while.

18. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

Yes, very unsafe with no round chambered, no finger on trigger, pointed at a camera on a timer with nothing but a large hill like 50 feet behind.

19. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

I apologize, that was a little too much to describe my actual feelings towards them. I have a healthy disdain towards most but shit like this incident just get me fired up.

20. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

My story? MP's generally dont carry with one chambered, you can see my finger isnt on the trigger in the pic and the cam was sittin on top of my patrol car :dunno:

21. SlowTA367

SlowTA367 New Member

:bowdown: I thought I was gonna be the only one that was pissed about that comment.

22. SlowTA367

SlowTA367 New Member

Pits get bad publicity because the look mean. They are one of the most popular dogs in the country, so of course there are gonna be more incidents. Not to mention the fact that a lot of the people that own pits have no business having any kind of pet in the first place, let alone an agressive breed.

Edit: It just irritates me that the majority of the people that talk about how "dangerous" pits are have no first hand experience with them. I own 2, and they are the biggest fucking babies I've ever seen. They act hardcore if someone they don't know comes to the house, but other than that they're pretty laid back.

23. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

there's so many of them. if there were as many dalmations as pit bulls then it would be the other way around.

24. smartypants

smartypants New Member

IB lessthanhonorabledischarge.bootedfrom/notacceptedtopoliceacademy

25. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

The way you guys talk about police officers is nothing less than disgusting. You only hear about the bad cops because no one is going to write a story about a cop doing a good job, and if they did I highly doubt it'd be posted on here. The vast majority of them are just doing their jobs, trying to look out for people the best they can and provide for their families.

To see someone write they smile everytime a person is killed, that they know absolutely nothing about is disgraceful and appalling. You think cops have too much power, don't use the proper tactics? Fine, call your local representatives, go to a town meeting, do something to voice your opinion. But reveling in the fact that someone lost their life (regardless of them having a family) is sick.

The fact that more of you are willing to defend a breed of dog than leo's is equally disturbing.