SRS Another antidepressants thread

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Beast, May 12, 2007.

1. Beast

Beast Guest

My backstory is that i just stopped caring about things a few years ago, mostly as a defense mechanism. Fastforward to last year when i saw a psych to try to bullshit my way into getting adderall. They said they didnt think i have ADD, but i might be depressed.

I never cry out of the blue or anything, but a lot of times i just dont fucking feel like doing anything. I know in my head ill have a good time if i go out or something, but i need to be really hyped up about something to actually go through on doing it. So basically i think i'm clinically depressed, the whole chemically imabalanced thing moreso than being extremely sad. I was wondering if going back and talking about this and trying antidepressants would help me not be so damn cynical all the time, and start feeling emotion again.

Thanks guys

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

No no and no

Living like a hermit is not the way to go

You need to be like a castle gate closing yourself to bad people/things/events, and open yourself up to good people/things/events, if you let the enemy into your castle they will only end up destroying it(even if its family), and leaving you crying over the ruins.From there you can keep on crying, or rebuild your life, i advice you to rebuild your life.

You see you'll miss out a lot of wonderfull things and wonderfull people if totally isolate yourself from the entire world. And your lack of care is worrysome, because the real meaning of life is to love and help other people.

You just need to push out the wrong people and wrong events out of your life.

You know in the end you have to live too, if you think carefully about it, these connections/experiences are the things that give your life value. Its worthless to live in isolation and complete nothingness, because there's nothing there for you.

You see the bad experiences that you had in your life, have driven you into isolation.

Its like sticking your hands into the fire, its a bad experience so you will never do it again, sounds silly but the same counts for people and the real world, if you constantly get hurt and burned, then you want to retract your entire body, instead of just your hands.

And that's basically what's happening with your life, now i can assure you that no anti-depressant is going to cure the principle behind your problems, you see anti-depressants are problem suppressors not problem solvers.

The bad influence of the 'outside world' causes a bad influence in the 'inside world' in your brain, so in other words, if the world outside is a happy experience , then you will feel happier inside too, this because there is an intereaction towards how you think yourself, and the world outside of you. Its a complex story, and the brain is a very sensitive electro-chemically balanced organ, messing with it simply by taking anti-depressants is the easy way out, just like a fat person would take pills in order to try to lose weight, psychiatrist are way to fast to give a person the idea that there's a pil solution for everything. The fat person would be better of to start doing something about the situation, namely running and improving their diet. And a depressed person needs to push out the bad elements in their lives, wether it be people/events/things , now don't get me wrong, anti-depressants can be of great help , but it should always be in combination of trying to solve the problem in the real time world. This because a problem remains to be a problem till the end of time until you solve it. Its like a drunk who drinks to forget his problems, the moment he's sober the problems are there again. So that's why in general im against anti-depressants, or used very sparsly.

So If change was just a thought, then anyone could do it. But reality is that you can't just sit around feeling miserable for yourself and the situation you are in while getting punched in the face by the reality of life. Those thoughts of change, can't become real if you just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, if you want to change then why would you want to stay in a state of paralyzation? If that happens it means you do not want to change, you have build a wall around you and are simply waiting for the world and people around you to change, therefore

Without walking, there's no way to move forward, you'll just end up waiting.

There is only one solution, and its internal. Nothing outside of yourself can solve your problems for you.
    Stop running, and face your problems. They arent nearly as hard when you're fighting them as when you're running from them.

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

Do not expect leperchauns to appear and solve your issues, do not wait, be the dictator of your own life and take the situation in your own hands.If you are in a rut and stuck with your life, you need to give it a swing in a new and positive direction by carving a new path with your own power.

3. Beast

Beast Guest

wow, that was surprisingly reassuring.

thank you

4. Beast

Beast Guest

thank you sir :wavey: