SRS Anonymous Thread

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Throwdown, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

Basically, I met this girl online that is really cool. We talk on AIM all the time and I know she likes me and I am attracted to her. The problem is, we are both in relationships, Im actually engaged. Even though we havent done anything, I feel so confllicted, I mean, I love my girl and everything, we have a great relationship, but something about this girl just makes me think about her, a lot. We have so much in common, I wont go into detail, as itll give me away. Anyway, my question is this...

Is it okay to keep talking to her as a friend? I mean, sounds dumb, but we are both adults and should be able to maintain a friendship, right? Im just so angry at myself for allowing myself to like this girl. Help me OT

2. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

well, one thing i can tell you about a situation like this is you had better put a whole lot of thought into your desicion. sometimes something "better" can seem that way because it is something "new"

i cheated/replaced my last serious girlfriend... with my now wife. and i'v never been happier with a girl. but - i really rolled the dice in doing so. what if my wife didnt turn out to be all she seemed? i would have been left alone.

i know its a struggle. but keep your head up and THINK clearly.dont be blinded by the strange.

3. camo~

camo~ I LURK

OK now im confused. Did you just give yourself advise?

4. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

I am lost too... :sadwavey:

5. seven

seven New Member

the first post by throwdown is from anonymous, in the second post Throwdown give he's advice to anonymous.

if you love your current girl, and if this other girl loves her man, both of you should quit unless you both love each other(then i don't know what you should do). If you don't love each other i suggest you quit before you do. Like stated, it's rolling a dice, why take a chance when you both have good relationships?

6. Bleed

Bleed New Member

if you do have intentions to follow through with the marriage i would stop talking to her asap. just reverse it and imagine your fiance had this other guy shes been talking to for months without you knowing. just remember, people you talk to online don't always turnout how you expect them in real life.

7. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

Even tho you are both adults, you should try to stay away from situations that could cause conflict with the one you are currently with. Since you are engadge, the best thing would be is think of how you would feel if your soon to be wife was talking to someone she liked, but thought she could maintain a friendship with this person. I mean, here recently I can kinda relate to this situation, you like this person, but still love the one your with. It is hard, because you see qualitys in this other person you love and adore so much. They make you feel special with a simple hi. All I can offer is, if you think a friendship is what you want, and you can keep it with in the lines of friends then do so, but if you have any second thoughts, and since you are posting in the Asylum, I am seeing as you might think this new girl you like could present a problem further down the road, then you should keep it to the internet or maybe cut it off totally. I mean it is hard losing someone so very close to you, I know.... I lost a very dear friend of mine, and well things with this person just seemed to click, but I guess the timing was to late or all wrong on both are parts, so now we both want to have nothing to do with each other. It is a long story on my part, and I am at fault as well as him. So if you do not want to go through the heartach of losing someone close, just cut it off before it evolves into something unmanagable.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I would seriously avoid ensnared relationships, end with one person before you start with another. Really this girl that you are going with now might have 'deep' feelings for you, when you consider you are already in an engagement phase, it will not go without a struggle, so very delicate handling is necessary for this situation of yours. It seems asif you have 'had it' with your current girlfriend, and if things are this bad then you should let her go, end it in a proper way, and proceed to be with the person you love. Better to break up now(even tho its late), then to marry and feel sorry afterwards.

9. How would your fiancee feel if she knew this -- uh oh, not very good probably, so right there tells you something. Second: You're playing with fire, and you're going to get burned. If I had a million dollars, I'd bet every penny that I'm right -- so take that as a warning, or a psychic prediction. You choose.

10. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

seriously.. if you are serious about your relationship with your fiance.. cut off the jazz with the AIM girl... that can have real serious repercussions.