SRS Anonymous Thread Request

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Throwdown, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

"For the past two years, life hasn’t exactly been easy. Two years ago was the last time I had a serious girlfriend and the last time I got laid. I’ve had chances since then, but chose not to because of the situation. Also in the past two years, I’ve grown increasingly sicker and I’ve developed chronic scapular pain that inhibits my life a great deal. The working diagnosis is a form of Muscular Dystrophy and they’ve only come to that conclusion recently, after months and months of MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, and an EMG. The doctors have also managed to get me addicted to pain pills, which I’m thankful for because it’s the only reason I sleep at night. The pain has gotten so bad and so constant that it’s served to alienate me from almost all of my friends. They’re all still teenagers or young adults who have never had to face trauma or pain. They complain about asinine things and it really bothers me that they think their lives are that bad, because most of them are extremely blessed. I used to be whiny and think life was terrible but I was just young and naïve.

I just recently had my birthday and I went out to a fancy dinner with my best friend, who is female. She and I have known each other for probably a year now, but we are on the same wavelength and she’s the only person I’ve ever met who just gets what I’m saying without me having to explain it. Stupidly enough, on the night of my birthday I let my hormones, weakness, and sex deprivation get the best of my better judgement and we started making out and getting hot and heavy. She’s extremely inexperienced and I could tell it was a new experience for her. It was weird having someone view me as being the completely hot one. We stopped before anything too serious happened, but I’m still extremely worried that this will jeopardize the friendship. She’s basically the only true friend I have left and the only reason she understands what I’m going through is because she’s been through trauma and tragedy in her life as well.

If there was ever a near perfect personality for a girlfriend, she has it. And I’ve always told her that what’s outside doesn’t matter, it’s what’s inside that counts. So it’s left quite a bit of cognitive dissonance that I keep reaching for these pretty girls who I know will break my heart and fuck me over. My best friend is attractive, but only moderately so. I’ve built up this belief system in my head that I have to have butterflies and feel completely infatuated for it to be a worthwhile romance, which I often question if that’s the right way to look at things. I don’t want to get into a relationship with her if I’m going to be stuck in the “grass is always greener” mentality.

I’ve been trying to search for things that make me feel better. I’ve been losing for so long and I’m not getting positive reinforcement from anything. Not a lot is going right. My family is falling apart, school is going ok but it takes so much energy that I don’t have anymore, my numerous health tests are all inconclusive.

I’m just looking for an honest, objective viewpoint on my belief system, what I should do about my best friend, and how the hell I’m going to survive this pain when I don’t have any motivation or reinforcement to continue. "

2. Wolvish

Wolvish New Member

You only live once. Go for her. :)

3. cowmanfred

cowmanfred New Member

man, that's a tough one. from the sounds of it this girl is pretty special- and it also sounds like she's one of the only things in your life at the moment that you would regard as positive. i tend to side with you on the 'butterfly' ideal but i think you need to ask yourself how important she is to you feeling like your enjoying being here.

I know advice is usually dangerous but if i were you i'd go for it, but remain open, honest and kinda brave (like if it things aren't working, say so) because i think it's pretty important to hold on to the things that make you feel good. In other words, put your ideals on the back burner for a while and give it a shot, and as long as you stay open and stuff it shouldn't matter if it doesn't work and if it does your set.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Everything in life that is without love is meaningless. If you are just doing this to squeeze every bit of fun out of life in the forms of lust then you are on the wrong path. So as long as you really love her(and i doubt it) it is fine for you to go into a intimate relationship with her, there's always the risk of losing her, but you aren't on the level of friends anymore anyway. Try to find out that only love and helping others out is the true meaning in life.