SRS Anonymous Thread: Need help!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Throwdown, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

Two of my good friends have developed feelings for each other. One is a girl that I've been friends with for around 5 years, I think. Another is one of my good friends that I've known for maybe a year and a half, and who I have hung out with a considerable amount this year.

They have recently started developing feelings for each other and are kind of becoming a pair. They're not really dating but they are pretty close and it's obvious that there is something between them. It makes me feel pretty awkward because I've never really been in a relationship like that for very long, and I've been extremely depressed for the past few weeks (or months, maybe) because of how alone I feel. It's getting to the point where I either feel like a third or a fifth wheel all of the time when I'm around them both.

I have no idea what to do about it because I hang out with them both soo much - I just can't cut them off. Both will usually come to my house and watch a movie or something, and occasionally I will see them both every day for 3 or 4 days at a time, with them sleeping at my house pretty much every night.

How can I handle this situation? It's pretty much tearing me up inside and I feel like I'm plunging into more depression, but I don't want to negatively impact their relationship by making it an issue.

Thanks

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Solution is to meet a girl yourself and start doing things as the four of you.

3. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

Are you sure you don't have feelings for one of them (I don't know your gender...)? The only thing you would be safe doing is not getting involved. Still hang out with them of course, but no matter the direction their relationship goes you do not want to have to side with one of them knowing they are both friends. While they are getting the kinks of a new relationship settled you have the time now to go see about dating more. There is nothing stopping you from that sort of happiness but you. If you are depressed seek help before it causes you to lose these two, but definitely don't give them up. Good friends are few and far between and if you just quit them over this you'll be the only one suffering in the background. You don't need more of that right now from the look of things.
    So:

Seek some sort of emotional relief be it doctor and meds or a therapist to talk to.
    Try the dating scene for a 4th wheel :)
    Don't take your hurt out on the ones you care about while you aren't thinking to your full rational potential.
    Enjoy this time with or without a relationship! I assume you are young and you don't want to look back one day and regret not helping yourself out when you had the chance. Oh yeah.. if they are around 4 nights a week, I seriously doubt they consider you a 3rd wheel. Keep that in mind.

4. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

you have to meet a women. do u have fellings for this women?