SRS Anonymous Thread:I have been having these confusing dreams lately...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

ok im not so good at explaining this so sorry if you are confused

i have been having a dream about meeting an old friend from high school, i actually haven't seen her since we were sophomores but thats another story. anyway in the dream we are meeting up for the 1st time (you know like walking along and seeing each other and being like ":eek3:oh shit how long has it been") every time we have met it has been in a school

however one of 2 things always happens in the dream, theres a silver nike chain in every dream somewhere and if i touch it i wake up(i have no idea what this means i never wore anything like this and neither has she) or something bad happens to her. just for example in the dream i just had we were walking along and these two guys were fighting over a silver nike chain:eek3: so i backed up and when i backed up they started fighting and she got in the middle of it :wtc:
    i have had this kind of dream 4 or 5 times in the last 10 days...shits fucking confusing

idk i guess i just needed to tell someone and if any one wants to give their own advice or interpretation of this it would help

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

(1)"In most cases, the people you meet in a common dream represent aspects of yourself. Consider what aspect of your own personality they represent. Some dreams are also of course about your relationships with the actual people from real life. People, particularly strangers, may also represent aspects of yourself that you are unaware of."

(4)" Most often, dreams of past people, places or events are connected to current happenings in the dreamer’s life. Rather than being unable to let go of the past, these things are generally trying to indicate to the dreamer that a similar “pattern” or experience is now being faced in the individual’s daily life. Therefore, when you dream about an old friend, ask yourself, “What is different about this friend than all of the other friends I knew?” In other words, there is a reason that your subconscious mind resurrected that particular symbol at this point in your life."

If you dream of people you know, this may be your unconscious making you aware of qualities and feelings that you desire. The feelings that your interaction with them gives you expresses will be those you are becoming aware of in real life. Do you like the person in the dream? What does this person mean to you?

(3)"To dream that you are in school, signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about performance and abilities. If you are still in school and dream about school, then it will naturally serve as a backdrop to your dream world.

Alternatively, a dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life. You may be going through a "spiritual learning" experience.

To dream that you are looking for a school, suggests that you need to expand your knowledge and learning."

(2)"The overall mood of the dream is important because this represents how you feel about the problem that the common dream is drawing to your attention. In addition, the state of the weather, the season and the temperature can all represent your emotional state of mind."

Initially it appears the dream is calm and then become stressful, and then finally violence ensues.

(5)"Consider what personal associations you have with the item (silver chain, beach, school, the girl) you encounter in your common dreams. Gestalt psychology insists that your dreams are about you and you alone. See every part of your dream as a part of yourself or some aspect of your personality. Remember that many symbols are unique to you.

The dream environment you find yourself in may represent the way you feel about yourself or your situation. Does this dream remind me of another one?

Common Dreams often run in sequences so you may already have worked out the meaning of some symbols before. If you keep a dream diary over many years you will be intrigued to note that some dreams take up a theme from dreams you had years ago.

(6)"Psychological Meaning: Silver represents something you value. This may be something in life, such as your financial needs, or your own inner emotional resources. There may be an allusion to the Moon and therefore to the feminine qualities of intuition and feeling."

(7)"Psychological meaning: If you dream of being chained this represents that some part of you is being forcefully held in check. You need to liberate that part of you that wants to express itself. If someone you know is chained then consider what aspect of yourself this person represents."

People can help you interpret your dream, but much like a doctor treating a patient, only you will truly be able to put the pieces together. The ideas provided by others can give us "A-ha" moments. In this dream, two strangers (both are male), and there is aggression in these dreams.

The fact that an object keeps appearing could represent some event, or some responsibility that you haven't dealt with, perhaps it's internal or external, I'm not sure. Whatever it is, you feel restrained and suppressed by it. Maybe you feel guilt of some kind in regards to something you know that may not be serving you, but you haven't entirely committed to doing what you believe is right?

The fact that you sometimes protect this "symbol (girl), may represent your ambivalence over the event I mentioned above, about your responsibility towards something that is related to you. What is happening in your life that's causing you to feel so unprepared or inadequate? It seems you know what you must do, but you aren't always doing it, even though you know it's best? Are you afraid of something or someone -- or even yourself?

Whatever it is you're afraid of, or not taking responsibility for is something you obviously value greatly, otherwise you wouldn't be attempting to reconcile it through your dreams. It also appears you're "learning" something here, or afraid of finding out something you'd rather not know. Everytime you "break free" of whatever is suppressing you, and then you take responsibility and move beyond, the girl is safe -- if you don't take responsible aggression enters the dream or some type of negativity. Aggression symbolized by the men fighting is one particular pattern.

Try to consider the "who, what, when, where, why" in your real life, in context to what I've discussed above, and consider adding to what I've said, or deleting parts and then adding your own -- you should be able to fill in the holes and complete this puzzle now.

The repetion over the course of this week seems to suggest to me that this event is happening in your life "now or at least within a time frame of this last month, into the next month or more. It's a "now" type situation that you can't really avoid without consequences.

3. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Shit, I just realized I put a lot of effort into that. It better be worth it. :hs:

4. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

Interpretation of dreams is usually about as useful as astrology. If it let's you sleep at night, great - but don't expect any epiphanies. Dreaming is too individualized and poorly understood to apply generalized interpretation.

One of my favorite quotes comes from Allan Hobson: "Attributing profound meaning to our dreams may be about as credible as interpreting an Alzheimer's patient's ramblings."

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

On this point we are in disagreement. Unlike an Alzheimer patient rambling, most people are not alzheimer patients, but in-fact most people dream throughout their lives. While certainly it is subjective, there are patterns that demonstrate universal concepts.

Example: A lot of people dream of flying, -- this isn't symbolic of actual flight for most people, but rather feeling trapped (Prison like and wanting to be free). Flight is of course symbolic of freedom within open space.

Exmaple: Then there are the dreams of tornadoes -- even in places around the world where they do not occur, people still dream of thunder lightening followed by a brutal tornado consuming things -- sometimes the dreamer, in which case they usually wake up immediately.

Example: A lot of people dream about losing their teeth, or being exposed publicly naked.

Dreams are useful in my opinion, and my theory is that in order for human beings to survive as long as we have, dreaming evolved with us as a mechanism for the mind to cope with and integrate information from the subconscious mind, in order for the conscious mind to continue functioning effectively in order that it may be free to focus on survival during waking hours. We are on the dawn of new discoveries in dreaming. We currently can "measure" objectively when someone is dreaming, and I am hopeful we will eventualy be able to measure dreams which have common themes more specifically, and thus be able to objectively repeat the method demonstrating that the human mind innately processes information not only in unique ways, but also in general ways which will possibly become factually true via the scientific method.

Unlike many "random" and seemingly super natural or hokey tricks, people have, over the years, created an entire niche (much like astroloy or tarot cards etc) for dreaming, because of the seductive nature of the subjects willingness to see what they want to see -- overlying patterns of experience to whatever is coming up -- psychics do the same thing. While they're all the talk in Hollywood, - we've all heard of how many cases they've solved for police departments across the country. Right? We've all heard that. In reality, not one single case was solved as a result of psychics. Not one. Yet how many people dream common themes, or experience aspects of their lives that they subjconsciously carry daily? Millions around the world. Is it coincidence? Science doesn't have an answer on this yet, neither yes or no, but there is enough ancedotal reports to clue us in that their is a high probability if the ancedotal reports are true, that investigation using our best tools available -- we should attempt tp record qualitative data.

It is as much a biological process with sometimes meaningless shuffling of neurotransmitters in a patient with organic illness, like Alzheimers, or people using medications or drugs that interfere or create vivid or distorted dreams -- as it is on the other hand a tool for Psychologists and Psychiatrists alike, to gather some "possible" leads in psychoanalytic work with the patient.

That's my opinion of course and what I know from observation of some of the available data.