SRS Anonymous Thread: Feeling detached from my girlfriend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Throwdown, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

I swear I thought I found the perfect girl. We've been good friends ever since I've helped her through some "drama" about a friend of mine she liked for the past few years . Then a few months later, we hooked up and life was great . But this time, I didn't feel the great affection I felt with crushes. I felt... I don't know... detached some how. We do a lot of the couple stuff, like celebrating our first month, going out on dates, and whatnot, but I don't really feel anything at all. I expected to be enraptured in love, but I feel this relationship has failed to meet my expectations. But I still won't break up with her, it's not that bad at all. It's just she seemed so perfect for me, but how come I don't feel such deep affection for her?

It seems like a lot of nonsensical twittering .

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

If you don't get out of it, you're cheating yourself; that's not fair to you.

3. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Hmm.. that happens sometimes. Can't tell you why, but it does. I'm with Blazin.. I don't see why you wouldn't get out of it. You probabbly should.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Agreed, stop lying to yourself and to her. End the relationship,and find someone who you 'connect' to. Looks aren't everything, characterwhise there must be a bond too.

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

The longer you go on in the relationship the more attached she may get to you, so when you've had enough of it, breaking up with her may be a very devastating blow and could potentially harm her much worse than if you were to do it now.