SRS Anonymous Post: wtf is up with my friends?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Throwdown, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

i dont know whats going on....out of my 3 closest friends, 2 never ever call me to hang out, and 1 of em only calls me when absolutely everybody he wants to hang out and party with is unavailable, otherwise, no. i dont know why they do this, and i dont know what im doing wrong...ive always been a good honest kind of guy you can trust with pretty much anything, yet its like they never call up and ask me to come along with them to parties n shit, i get the feeling that they dont think im good enough or whatever. if so, why?
    i mean i known these 3 for a long time, and these are mainly the people i hang out with, everyone else i know is just an acquaintance who i dont really give a damn about.
    as for making new friends, its hard for me in this town and country im in.

2. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

I hear ya bro. Last year, my 3 closest friends were just like that. They'd always be hanging out with each other or calling each other. If i was with one of them, their phone would ring every 2 seconds. On nights when they were doing shit, i'd never know it unless i just happen to be with one and it was "Oh hey while you're here, do you want to...". i'd have to call them and ask them whats going on.

Granted they knew each other since high school and i was the newest addition to the group, i was still considered part of the group by other people as well as my 3 closest friends. We'd still hang out and have fun all the time but i had to be the one to hunt them down and get in on what was going on. I felt like i wasn't wanted.

Well long story short, i got into some trouble and ended up spacing myself from them in order to keep my nose clean but still wanted to be friends. I ended up getting replaced in the group and now i rarely ever hang out with them. Once and a while i'll get a call about a big party or something and I'll accept the offer and go hang out. I'm never a dick about it and turn them down. I'll go and they'll say hey and tell me they miss me and how i need to hang out more. But yet i never hear from them. :dunno:

This makes things tough for me because now i have a assload of acquintances but no friends. No buddies that i hang out with on a regular basis. Unless there's a big party going on or some special case, i know i'll be home on a friday/saturday night (like tonight) which sucks and makes me feel like shit.

As far as why this it how it is, i'm not sure. i guess since i was the "rookie" in the group, i was just a groupie almost and never really a part of the group. Or maybe they think i have other plans and thats why i never hang out. It could be like a mexican stand-off where i dont call because i dont feel wanted and they don't call because they feel i don't want to be there. :dunno: It also doesn't help that i'm 20 and they are all 21 and are always going to the bar so that singles me out.

3. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Some people just aren't the type to care about friends that they've known for awhile. For some people, their real friends are those that they talk to a lot and that's it