SRS ANON THREAD: "I am an alcoholic"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by i killed tupac, Oct 4, 2008.

1. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

ANON POST:
    am 26 years old. i met alcohol later in life than most folks, i think i was 20 before i ever drank. by late 21 i was really into partying every night in college and having fun. the sad thing is, when i graduated, i didn't leave the alcohol behind.

i have drank almost EVERY SINGLE DAY since i turned 21. that is 5 years. i have only skpped one day that i can think of, and that was Christmas with my parents 2 years ago.

my parents are very religous and would dis-own me if they knew i had a problem.

but this discussion is not about them, it is about me. i managed to make it 48+ hours without ANY alcohol this week. i thought i had it beat, until tonight, i caved in.

it really pisses me off, because i puked my guts out from withdrawls the other day and actually had the habbit partially kicked, or so i thought. i had been busy spending time with my fiance and had been keeping my mind off of drinking, and i was fine. tonight i had to spend it alone and i made it till about 11pm and couldn't take it anymore.

and now i am back in it. not to full extent tho..... 3 shots instead of the usual 20+ of vodka. it doesn't matter, i folded. and that sucks. i had it beat for a few days.... (for the first time in YEARS of being drunk every single night!)

i live in a small town, and AA is not really an option.

any advice?

i'm headed out of town in the morning till late sunday night, so i can't reply again till then...

thank you for any suggestions, i am turning desperate.

/ANON

2. sams0n

sams0n $ OT Supporter

if you have been drinking every day for that long you need to see a doctor before quitting. you can have seizures or DTs which can be very dangerous.

3. thatguyjeff

thatguyjeff New Member

Why not?

4. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

No anonymity :dunno:

5. TucsonTerror

TucsonTerror OT Supporter

I haven't been through AA but believe most 12-step programs to be very similar from what I've read/heard. There should be some daily/weekly phone
    meetings you can join if you Google a bit. Find the national number for AA and get a number for a local meeting - can't be too hard.

PM me if you want some help.

6. i killed tupac

ANON REPLY:
    sorry folks, been away from a computer for a while. i have still made some serious progress, but i still have a bit to go.

it has been either 6 or 7 days, and i have not had a single drink before work, i have not come home a single day at lunch to take a shot, and i have SERIOUSlY limited my intake at night. i have even had a few nights where i drank nothing at all. :wiggle:

even the nights i have drank it has only been a few shots just so i could sleep. that is the only hard part. i got over the shakes at day 2, but they were a serious bitch.

i have learned in the past week that i CAN live without alcohol, and it is a great feeling!

i still have to deal with the sleeping issue. i lay awake in bed most nights just wanting to sleep. that of course, means that i want alcohol to sleep, but i am trying not to. benedryl helps a little.

since i was asked why AA is not an option, i will reply to that. i live in a small town, and if anyone at those meetings saw me there and knew it, i would lose my job before daylight the next day. it's just how it is. :rolleyes:

but i think i am well on my way to sober again! :x:

thanks!

/ANON

7. i killed tupac

I think you are thinking of reasons why it wont work. Its called Anonymous. And that's exactly what it is.

8. drunkenkyle

drunkenkyle New Member

Good job man!

Im going through a similar situation myself. Thankfully I live in a big city, and there are plenty of options.

I did a ton of research before my first meeting. (which I went to today) And from what I read, it's alot harder to do by yourself. This is the "big book" I havent started reading it yet, but this is an alcoholic's bible.

heres the link

and good luck!

http://www.aa.org/bbonline/

9. SebNoker

SebNoker New Member

Its a good start, just knowing you can do it,,, try it again and keep trying till you kick it, its not always as easy as just stopping, you need to replace it with something else, a sport or hobby or something....