SRS anon. post

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MiseryIndex, Jul 18, 2005.

1. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

2. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

this life is yours to live. do not let what you think others are thinking of you, and/or your accomplishments influence what you do in life.

also, learn from the past, but don't dwell on it. it is quite literally water under the bridge, and all of the time you spend wasting fretting about it, just puts more water under that bridge.

I have found, that a great number of people who have gotten pretty far in life (socially and/or financially), didn't do it by being the #1 student, or even being super inteligent, attractive, or anything else - they simply had drive - the drive to put themselves in motion attaining a goal that they found important.

The trick is to find out what is truly important to you - not to just be awed by someone else's accomplishments. Then find the motivation, and/or the gumption to go after those goals.

now for some quotes :)

Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned. ~Peter Marshall

An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied. ~Arnold Glasow

There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few that we feel like doing today. ~Mignon McLaughlin

He who has made a thousand things and he who has made none, both feel the same desire: to make something. ~Antonio Porchia (which are you? :hs: )

Men expect too much, do too little. ~Allen Tate

Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live. ~Nicolas de Chamfort

3. tris

tris New Member

Hmmmm.. Well, having been there and done the whole stress incontinence thing, I can attest that our bodies are capable of some pretty strange and astounding things when under stress. I wouldn't sweat it too much, but you do need to relax. How long has it been since your last serious relationship? Do you feel like this woman might be a potential romantic interest? Just remember to take things as they come, and take them day by day. Also, honesty helps. Being a child psychologist, she's probably quite understanding. So maybe getting to know her a bit more, and perhaps opening up to her (if the time's right) would be a viable option for you. Just play it cool.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

How much requirements do you need , you talk about money,carreer, diploma's, and how you are living a lie in pretending to be something that you are not.

Look around at all the people who in your eyes are lower then you, do you not accept them? If your baby brother was disabled not being able to have 1 diploma in his life, would you look down on him? Would you love him less? Of course not!, you love someone for who they are, and that's the whole thing. People need to accept eachother for who they are, this comes down to things like skin colour,lenght, poor or rich, money, carreers ,houses they live in, the positions they have in life. They are all meaningless.

The only thing that matters in life is your loving interaction with others and helping people. Also i don't believe you love this woman for who she is, but that you want the things that you LACK in life. Skills that motivate ,demonstrate and then motivate again which eventually made this woman into the succesfull person you always wanted to be.

And i think your focus is entirelly wrong, you seek to fill in the gaps by looking towards the direction of someone else, while in fact you should be looking in the mirror and work hard on yourself to gain what you do not have. And only then you can love this woman truelly for who she is ,and not for the skills she has that you lack in your life.