MMA annoying training partners

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by sickson, Mar 11, 2008.

1. sickson

sickson Guest

What are qualities in a training partner you find vastly annoying? :mad:

Ill start:

I hate it when after you tap they dont release right away. :wtf: is that shit.

2. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Spazzers. Dude was rolling with me and elbows me in the face, as my nose is bleeding he doesn't say shit, so I triangled him. For a while.

Annoying person number 2: The guy that ALWAYS goes for the can opener, like it'll work this time or something.

3. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Spaz's....

I scared one of them the other day.. I feel bad about it

4. sickson

sickson Guest

wats a spaz

5. LocTite98

LocTite98 Chillin'

Gettin Kneed in the balls. Elbowed in the face. Getting fingers in my mouth. Scratches. Then not even getting a " u alright?"
    Haha, all in the game I suppose.

6. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

the guy who goes into rigor mortis when youre trying to practice a technique

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

A. bad hygeine !!!! (ie people not washing their clothes, BO, etc)
    B. Holding on after a tap
    C. people who tap to soon (many times ya don't have it sinched in and the guy taps before it even gets bad, but i let go because see above lol)
    D. Newbies who come in and think they're the shit and go 100% because they were in karate when they were 12 so they're experts,,,,,,
    E. (not fault of the partner) little guys, i'm 270 pounds (probably a bit more and softer than usual after this broken leg) and sometimes i have some 150 pounder to roll with, it's not really much good for either of us, sometimes no big guys are there though so slim pickens

8. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

guys who thinks it's the ufc and they escape from a triangle by power smashing you on the floor

9. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

also guys with really long hair, so while you're rolling you got their fucking hairs all in your mouth and when it gets caught up in the gi somehow they make you stop so they can pull it back out :ugh:

10. sickson

sickson Guest

im usually the smallest kid in my class at 5' 8 160, and the people close to my size are in top shape, and have been doing the sport for much longer than me, some next level shit.

I agree, shit sucks.

11. sickson

sickson Guest

I havent really learned escapes but what I do is just pick em up and try and bend them in half, that works sometimes.

12. Guy suddenly stops really grappling with me
    Me: "What"
    Guy (mumbling): "I just shit my pants."
    Me: "WHAT?"
    Guy: "Nothing Nevermind, lets go"
    and he started grappling with me again.

Another guy apparently pulled my hair really hard, but my hair is so thick I didn't notice. The instructor (Carlson Jr.) flipped out though and yelled at him.

13. Kuet

Kuet New Member

im 5'10 185 and i was sparring with this new guy must have been 6'5 250 and we were supposed to do 3- 5 hit combinations with the other guy just trying to block them ...supposed to be using like 30% power....
    i let the guy go first he throws 5 shots HARD so im like ok my turn but he just keeps going then he teep kicks me right in the fucking balls and i swear i had a giant bruise on my sac for 3 weeks after that.
    Oh and for good measure after he kicked me in the nuts he pretty much full power low kicks me as in bending over and the instructor heard the thud and was like whoa you need to chill out. Guy didnt even say sorry.
    Next week i kicked him so hard right in the ribs.

14. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

people that dont wash their fucking gi's for weeks. :ugh:

15. Kuet

Kuet New Member

oh and B.O.-put some fucking deo on bud, fuck sakes

16. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I hate that shit.

At my old krav maga gym, there were a couple dudes who were just in it to hurt people. We used to do this one warm up drill where you would try to tap the other guys shoulder or chest, so that the other guy could sorta get used to blocking straight and hook punches without actually getting hit. This one guy got on this super serious face, and just slapped me in the ear as hard as he could. Another time he just poked me in the eye. It was both lol and grrr cause he just looked like such a retard putting all that effort into a warm up drill.

Come to think of it I got poked in the eye like four times and kneed in the balls twice in Krav Maga, and not even during sparing. It was all by retards who thought you were supposed to go 100% in a drill even before your partner was ready. Once I turned around while switching partners and seriously got poked in the eye before I even fucking put my hands up.

17. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

partners that don't give a realistic reaction while drilling

18. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

only time i ever tried bjj, the instructor paired me up with a giant dude (i am about 155lbs and he was about 250), and the guy was drilling basics with me, and then he demonstrated passing guard.... ....by smashing both my knees down to each side of me flat to the ground. Worst pain ever, tore my groin, left me on the couch for almost a month, couldnt go to the gym for around 5 months.

It's still VERY problematic for me and has just created a whole heap of problems. It gets me pretty bummed still cause i don't think i'll ever get back propper mobility in my hips and groin.

i hate me for that. I'm just not an aggressive or violent dude, so sometimes i get lazy and stop trying to actually hit my training partners. It's just bad for them, bad habit i am trying to break.

19. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

yea makes the drilling/practice virtually useless

20. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

wait, you train now?

21. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

people with no control. faggots trying their hardest because they don't want to "lose". people that don't go at an appropriate pace relative to their partner and that don't communicate. if you want to speed up or slow down, just say something.

injuries and accidents happen. i hate when people don't apologize for mistakes and at the same time hate when people can't accept that something was an accident even after you apologize. :(

22. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

women

23. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

JESUS fucking Christ dude!!! That's so crazy I don't even know what to say lol. I'd probably never want to even try it again if something like that happened to me. I still have a bit of a mental block after accidentally hitting someones elbow with a kick. I don't get why there are people like that who train though, seriously, they should just stay home.

24. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

:werd: This is the most annoying thing about BJJ for me.

25. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

it's caused a big problem with my IT band, takes me forever to warm up, and now my flexibility and range of motion in my groin and hip is terrible. Oh well.

and I never did roll again :lol: