MMA annoying training partners list

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by SHORTSHIFTER, Aug 11, 2008.

1. SHORTSHIFTER

SHORTSHIFTER Old School Lurker

anyone have the list of different types pf annoying training partners?

they have things like the spaz, the excuse guy, the sweaty guy ... or something like... it was a long list with descriptions of each..

tried searching ... but couldn't find the thread...

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

how can you search if you dont have a sub?

3. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

:rofl::rofl::rofl: fucking OT :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. SHORTSHIFTER

.... i have a sub... i have been on OT since its creation.. kinda sad actually ...

5. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

OG son

6. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

epic PPY :eek3:

8. SHORTSHIFTER

ya i try to keep it low.... but this thread is killing my post count... if i keep this up i might have relinquish my lurker status... lol

9. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

The fat guy who talks like he knows everything about jiu jitsu.

:rolleyes:

10. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

I always enjoy the "I've never taken a class in my life, learned BJJ over the internet and on TV, and am just as good if not better then those who train and take classes on a regular basis'

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I like the, "I've been training for one month and i'm going to tell you how you should be doing something even though I have no actual knowledge of proper technique and will blame all of my short comings on not being able to find my 'distance'"

12. SHORTSHIFTER

the mma guy..
    who says.. if we were allowed to strike or slam i would have punched outta that armbar or slammed out of that triangle

13. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

The Comes-Once-A-Week-And-Gives-You-Tips-While-You-Trounce-Him guy.

The Every-Roll-Is-The-ADCC-Championships guy.

The Makes-Inappropriate-Sexual-Noises-Of-Exertion-While-Rolling girl.

The Outrageously-Athletic-But-Doesn't-Learn-BJJ guy.

The Vertically-Challenged-Purple/Brown-Belt-That-Smashes-Every-Huge-Newbie guy.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  14. teep

teep New Member

i hate the long finger nails that cut you up everywhere

15. missangie

missangie New Member

[FONT=#262626][FONT='#262626']Which one or one's are you?[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=#262626][FONT='#262626']The Spy:
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=#262626][FONT='#262626']
    This guy comes in one day, is very friendly, seems to know a lot about BJJ scene and says hes from out of town. He rolls and blends in with the students, seems like a very promising prospect for the club. Result: You never see him again after the first class and months later when browsing a competitions website you see the mother****er in their seminar photos being one of their regulars.

The Shadow-Boxer:

The guy who has some striking martial art experience (usually a Traditional Martial Arts guy who cant accept the fact that his black belt is being rendered useless by these 150-lb. guys who tap him relentlessly) and decides to feint it in BJJ class. While rolling, will throw fake shots, to simulate a MMA match. Convinced that a punch will change the pace of the match from anywhere, in the clinch, from his guard, while mounted by someone much better. Usually, this specimens actions can be halted with a quick leg grab/take down while he is throwing a knee from the clinch.

Takada Guy:

His one goal is to not tap under any circumstances, considering that lasting is almost like winning. This guy mounts no offence at all and concentrates exclusively on tucking in all his extremities and nullifying your game. After a round of wasting your time and his, will give you the you couldnt tap me, so were about even in skill look and gasp his way to the sidelines to sit the next roll out.

The One Move Wonder Guy:

This is the guy who manages to get really good at one position/submission and only goes for that one particular move. While somewhat impressive in the beginning, this is the eternal blue belt that dominates the beginners but never develops the rest of his game. Normally seen with a bronze or silver medal at the local tourneys.

The Pressure Pointer:

Usually a black belt in some other form of martial art who once you mount him or working on choking him, will try to do some kind of pressure point prior to tapping.

The Challenge The Weakest Antelope In The Herd Guy:

This is the guy that stands around or stretches when everyone first starts rolling. Then when a new white belt takes a break from rolling, he hops on the mat and says Hey, lets roll a bit. He then proceeds to own the fatigued white belt with an assortment of wild crazy subs.

The Natural:

some guy, usually young, comes into the gym and at first gets beat all over the mat, but slowly and surely every week, he gets better. After one week, you can no longer have your way with him. After two, you can only catch him with your best moves. After three, you are struggling to tap him. One month passes and you are tapping each other. Another month and the roles reverse. He will soon tap people youve never even gotten close to.

The False Technician:

Every class this guys going up to somebody wanting to show them a new move that hes invented. If he considers you technical enough he will let you drill his patented omoplata to triangle to armlock to kneebar to toehold combo with him. The major problem with this guy is that he cant pull any of these moves off on anybody save for the newest guy. The false technician gets owned by almost everybody else and burns with hate for those who school him on the mat with a simpler but more solid game.

The Human Vice:

The beginner who plays football or lifts, whos sole form of defense and offense is to latch onto your head and squeeze with all their strength. Then you simply sit in the dominant position, usually side control, until they become exhausted let go and then tap 3 seconds later when you go to knee ride or mount

The Lurker:

This is the guy who will sit on the wall and watch you train for an hour w/ every upper belt in the class, saving his energy. Then when you lie on the mat exhausted, will come up to say wanna train? but will never train w/ you when you are fresh.

The Sweat Dripper:

some guy, usually late 30s, early 40s, that sweats buckets that DRIP on your face when hes in your guard. You pretty much have to tap as his sweat pours into your eyes, mouth, etc.

Pre-Excuse Guy:

This guy has to tell you of every ailment, injury, pain, he has in his body, to not allow you to attack those areas. Oh dude, my (insert body part) been hurting, so no (insert submission) today Sometimes this guy goes into pre excuse emotional problems he has, and how it will affect his training. If hes been really ****ty on the mat lately, its because he broke up with his girl, and hell let you know about it, so you understand why he stinks.

The Laugher:

This guy rolls with you and is constantly laughing at everything to make the roll so friendly that you wont push any competition against him, or hurt him in anyway. Youre rolling and get by the wall, Hahahaha. dude were way too close to the wall, I didnt want us to go through the wall.hahahahacould u imagine, kaplosh!! Then we went through the wall and everyone would look and be like OH **** THEY WENT THROUGH THE WALL..Hahahaha Your best friend (Talker)- This guy is very similar in his thinking, to the laugher. As soon as you start rolling, this guy wants to know what you did over the weekend, what youve been up to, how youre great with the ladies, and your good at bjj Again this guy thinks being overly friendly prevents competition.

Drama Guy:

This guy is somewhat tough, but as you push the rolling, sometimes your feet hit his head (incidental), or you go for a cross face, and everything you do is a HUGE injury to him. He constantly stops training to let you know that your finger almost touched his eye, and how he needs a 5 minute timeout, because it left him completely in a dazehes confused at where hes at now. This guy I hate the most, because he literally kills training with all the drama he puts into every tiny incidental contact.

Practice Hero:

This guy stinks, so you roll easy with him, and hes convinced he can come up in the rankings by tapping you, so hell go wild out and try hit some crazy heel hook in an effort to get noticed in the class, and loved by the teacher. He trains balls out with zero technique.he wants to be noticed by the entire class

The UG Guy:

This dude never trains but comes in every couple of weeks to let you know all the updated info he has on the MMA game, and how he knows so much more than you do about whats going on with rival teams in Brazil.

Dominics Apprentice:

goes to class 4-5 days a week, works his ass off. But no matter how hard he tries he just doesnt get any better. Hell get caught in the exact same armbar 10 times a roll. He still cant defend the triangle choke. And he gets mounted by everyone.

Gotta Go Guy:

This guy always has to go somewhere at the exact moment when class shifts from technique/drills to rolling. Yeah, I got a conference call in two hours

Reformed Gangster:

This guy usually turns out in the long run to be the coolest, but the biggest douche bag in the short run. This guy covers all forms of troublemakers or gangsters. Hes a cholo who thinks hes a badass cuz his vario is tough. Hes a black guy who thinks hes a badass because hes black. Hes a white guy who thinks he can kick ass because he gets faded on the weekends and starts fights with guys at a trashy bar. Each one of these guys comes in with a huge chip on their shoulder, and they get HUMBLED so quickly. After tapping them 6 ways to Sunday every rolling session, as the months go by (if they continue to train), they completely lose their hard gangster persona. its funny to see the transition of some cholos to just a tough ass calm dude down the line.

The Instructor :

rolls around like any other guy and can have any skill-level but when you finally get his back and struggle to choke the **** outa him he goes wait, youve got wrong mechanics wait you gotta do like this.. More like that etc. He lets you understand that he didnt get caught and hes not about to get the **** choked out of him, in fact hes just in the process of showing you how to choke.

The All Hat No Cattle Guy:

Has every PRIDE and UFC on tape, has every BJJ book ever published, every BJJ instructional video/DVD ever produced, has a wide range of gis to choose from, has at least 10,000 posts on the UG, can recite the contents of bjj.org from memory, and sucks at BJJ; will be awarded a blue belt in about ten years out of pity.

The Good **** Guy:

Hes similar to the instructor, in that he cant accept tapping.so if you are transitioning to a triangle choke, and hes kind of sunk, but before you fully finish the hold, hell tap and give it to you. This guy always taps on the transition to a move, not the move itself, and says Good **** like he let u catch him.and considering he didnt tap when you completely had the choke sunk in, you didnt really beat him.

The Lets Go Light Guy:

who then proceeds to decapitate you and tear you limb from limp with neck cranks and head squeezes

The Gasser:

Goes all-out for 30 secs and blows his wad. Then taps when u get a dominant position

The This Is My First Lesson Guy:

which translates to this is my first lesson here but I was an NCAA div 1 wrestling champ and trained in Brazil for a few years.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

WhatChaWeigh? guy:
    Whenever he taps to something, he asks what his opponent weighs. If its even 200 grams more than him, he nods as if to suggest that he only lost due to weight mismatch. He has probably asked you your weight at least once a week for the past year. (Note that when this guy fights smaller people, he forgets to ask)
    BackFromGym Guy:
    Seems to only come to class on days he has worked out at the gym. Lets you know that he is tired and weak from his work out. Makes sure you know exactly how much he benched that day.
    The Tough-Ole-Bastid:
    This is the guy who started later in life but despite his age, he is tougher than 90f the twenty-somethings. He can get kneed in the head, kicked in the groin, or have his arm near torn off, and barely grimace as he continues to grapple (often against someone a lot bigger).
    The Tougher-Older-Bastider:
    This is the guy who started even later in life and despite a host of injuries, does 1hr of circuit training before class, grapples all the good/big folks in class despite being injured, and then bikes the 20 miles home telling everyone hell see them tomorrow for morning class.
    The Bleeder:
    This guy got a mat burn the first time he rolled and has been knocking off the scab every time since.
    The Can you Show that Again? Guy:
    This guy never has a good enough angle when the instructor demonstrates the move. Once the drilling begins, he usually has to watch the people next to him do the move at least two or three times before attempting it himself. He sometimes resorts to calling the instructor over and asking a question before he even attempts the move.
    The Lazy Possum:
    This guy has some skills but he fights really lazy and defensively most of the time and you think you have his number. But on occasion when theres an audience or some chick watching he decides to bring his A game and youre in a world of surprise, the guy suddenly becomes Marcelo Garcia.
    The Gassing Giant:
    This guy is an ex-power lifting bouncer type who throws you around for 5 minutes, but then winds up on his back and as soon as you think to yourself now its my turn he suddenly becomes too exhausted to continue and quickly says lets take a break man.
    Sack of Knees and Elbows Guy:
    A squirmy bastard, usually an explosive athlete, you dominate this guy, but you feel like someone put you in a sack full of knees and elbows and started to shake it violently. After rolling, you are bruised up, if not cut.
    The Kung Fu Grandmaster:
    He always reassures you in the fact that he is a blackbelt in some traditional style , as you start to roll he grabs you with a death grip from hell and will never pull guard , even after two years of training. You pull guard and sweep him with a basic butterfly guard because if you pull closed guard he just grabs and pinches your arms making it not worth your effort. You pass his guard and mount, and even after being told 253 times that you cannot wrist lock a guy and throw him off from the bottom mount, he tries it again, and you start salivating from his arm being extended as you slowly move into the armlock.
    The Judoka:
    Similar to the name that sub guy, but this one names the sub in Japanese yep, thats juji-gatame and every time the instructor shows a technique he nods his head and names it in Japanese.
    The Heel Hook Hero:
    This guy has no idea how to pass the guard and he doesnt want to learn. All he wants is to fall back and do his best Ken Shamrock impression. When he meets someone who wont fall for it he convinces himself that he can beat the guy if he just trains a few more leg locks.
    Rigor Mortis Guy:
    His plan is to not let you do anything you want to, by grabbing your sleeve, pants or whatever and holding them at arms length. He doesnt really care if he gets swept or not - as long as his arms remain frozen stiffhes won!
    Parkinsons Guy:
    A close relative to Rigor Mortis Guy He displays the same brilliant strategy, but makes it extra special by shaking violently due to muscular fatigue.
    Commando Guy:
    Thinks that all forms of underwear restrict his game and hence chooses to go without. Nothing like a testicle rubbing on your inner thigh to freak you out and let him pass with ease. (Does help sharpen your north/south position escapes though.)
    Kaji-Kempo or Japanese Jiu-jitsu guy:
    Lets you work on your inferior BJJ techniques and wants to only work on his BJJ techniques as well, but has no problem telling you that if you were really rolling he would have done a wristlock to escape but he knows his techniques are superior so he doesn't need to work on them.
    Stinky Guy:
    We all know one. Take an f***ing shower once in a while.
    Nail Guy:
    Looks like you just rolled with Freddy Kruger afterwards.
    Preparation Guy:
    this guy takes 30 minutes to get ready back-stage while the class is doing pushups. He tapes every finger and toe with medical tape for some reason.

Positive Reinforcement Guy:
    Taps you 10 times in 6 minutes and then goes man, youre getting a lot better.
    The Class-Size Regulator:
    every now and then, when the class gets too big and the instructor starts making money, this monster comes around and injures about 20 dudes- resulting in a much more comfortable training environment for all.
    Dumb as a Rock Guy:
    you try to teach him a technique and he just wont get it. After 3 month of drilling upa, hell say: ok, what arm do I grab again?
    Faux Gay Guy:
    He finds it humorous to act gay and scare people on the mat with it. He is known to tie his t-shirt under his gi, or challenge other people while lisping on the mat. Sometimes he will make sexual gestures while rolling while rolling while the victim has no clue why the rest of the class is laughing. He often requests the instructor to put on 80s new wave when he turns on the radio.

16. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

as a new person, the most annoying guy to roll with is the purple belt that pulls guard and then sits there looking bored for ten minuets. Now the one who will pull guard and then give me advice on what to do is a whole mother ballgame, that guy rocks.

17. SHORTSHIFTER

nice thats that list!!!!

18. shoopaloop

shoopaloop I've been watching your world from afar

:rofl:

19. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

You know the rules, pics -> nudes.

20. missangie

missangie New Member

check pm's

21. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

send them here too

22. missangie

missangie New Member

pervs :rofl:

23. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

it's still empty :squint:

24. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

welcome to OT?

25. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i hate "the instructor" We have one at our gym. You roll with him and dominate him and then right about when you are about to go for the sub he stops you and tells you how to do it correctly and then lets you "practice" :ugh2: