annoying Firefox glitches.. how can i fix?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by georgexi, Aug 21, 2008.

1. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

Firefox has a couple minor but very annoying glitches. for example, keyboard keys randomly don't work.. even as i type this message i can't arrow around for some reason. i use most of the keyboard shortcuts frequently (ie: shift-end, ctrl-c, ctrl-v, etc) and it's annoying when they stop working.

copy/paste also randomly stops working. sometimes i copy a link then when i try to "paste" it into the address bar, the paste function is disabled. the shortcuts (ctrl-c, ctrl-v, shift-ins, etc) also don't work. i can open up IE and paste it in there just fine.

the ' key sometimes types the '
    other times it brings up the search box. personally i'd rather it be the ' since i just ctrl-F anytime i want to do a search

any of you guys running into these problems too? none of them are present in IE. if i click on another app and click back to firefox, then everything works fine for a bit. that's basically the "workaround" i have to do everytime these glitches pop up. at first i thought maybe it was my machine but i'm on my 2nd work machine and both have these problems. i'm also running firefox 3.0.1 (firefox 2 had the problems too). so yeah i'm at a loss here on what to do. OT sackrides Firefox to death but IMO these three glitches alone make Firefox a POS :dunno:

2. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

I haven't encountered these problems with firefox, but I have encountered similar problems before. In my case, it's because the keyboard gets stuck thinking shift, ctrl or alt is being depressed, and so the shortcuts change. When that starts happening, just press each shift, ctrl and alt, and if it fixes, that's your problem.

It's fairly common for older keyboards.

3. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

hehe, yeah i've seen that before too. i end up just banging on ctlr, shift and alt a few times each to knock it loose.