SRS (Annonymous post) Intimidated by a womans direction and career

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dave steel, Jul 19, 2005.

1. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

I'm pretty much intimidated by a womans direction and career. I met a new girl and Im pretty interested in her but she has a very direct career path and that scares me. I don't know why either. I'm always thinking that I'm never in order, my life is chaotic and I have no direction. Everyone that I hang out with says that I'm very very hard on myself. I can't be satisfied with medocre(sp?) results and I don't know if I can be satisfied with excellent results either.

Background on me: I do very well for myself in the career path that I have chosen. However, the financial benefits are few and far between as it is hard to obtain that stature within the business I've entered. However, it may take a longer time to reach those financial goals, I'm going in the right direction so far.

Anyways, I met a girl. She is a child psychologist. Now, I've had 2 serious GF's in the past 9 years and they were both very intelligent and goal oriented and were very motivational. I like that in a girl, its a great quality that I find especially attractive. However, with this girl I'm intimidated I don't know why. We spent over an hour talking about what she does and all the career choices that she is going to have to make. It was very exciting for her and me as well. I just love a girl with great energy and willing to take chances for what she believes in. Normally, when a girl asks what I do I'm eager to talk about it. I love what I do and its fascinating to everyone else as well. However, when talking to this girl about what I did, I almost felt inadequate and that I couldn't live up to her expectations. I didn't try and embellish anythig that I did as they need no embellishment, but for some reason I felt that I had to impress her as she is on the virge of this major career.

When I get off the phone with her I usually find myself being someone that I am not. I'm afraid that is how I will become when I'm around her more often. I find myself doing odd things that normally wouldn't do. I am far too embarrassed to explain these "doings" as they make little to zero sense to me. Not to worry they aren't of the sexual nature. They are more of the domestic, like cleaning up A LOT!

To be honest, I have a lot of regrets, more so that I'm never satisfied with anything that I do, ever. So this girl comes along with everything in order and is right on the ball with everything and she makes me feel like "shit I coulda done that" or just feeling like everyone is passing me by and doing so much better than me. I mean I"m worried that if I start seeing this girl and things turn out that we might hit it off and well I may not be as financially secured as she might be and all that.

I'm paronoid and its very hard to get my thoughts straight most of the time in situations like this.

Does anyone else go through this or anything similar? Any advice on what I can do?

2. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Your deadly sin is either pride or envy. I'm leaning more towards envy.

I share the same deadly sin. I'm working on being happy with myself, but sometimes it's sooo hard.

3. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.