COMIC Annihilation.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by The Sirc, Aug 18, 2006.

1. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

Oh. My. God.

2. void

void oh yeah?

the pre-mini-series kinda sucked...this coming from the guy that bought every single book :o

surfer becomes galactuses old-new herald...give him the will to fight. super skrull grows a conscious and promptly bites it. nova kicks some ass....again. ronan...ZzZzZZZ gamora in a thong...what!?

but with the current mini-series...galactus getting pwned? nice. i like how this is coming together.

3. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

Yeah Galactus getting pwnt... I don't know. I had to stop and think for a moment the immensity of that.

4. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

The mini-series wasn't too bad. I thought it was way cooler than any other cosmic-level comic series. It wasn't another, "I AM A MASSIVELY POWERFUL TITAN WITH AN OBJECT THAT CAN DESTROY THE UNIVERSE! WATCH AS I WAIT HERE PATIENTLY FOR THE HEROES TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO STOP ME!!!" instead, people like Surfer and Firelord are actually in some sort of danger.

5. void

void oh yeah?

well with someone as small as the "new" drax looking to gut this all new thanos...hopefully the annihilation wave is a cover for both drax to flex some cosmic muscle and go up against thanos.

you know thanos is going to betray annihilus, kill him whatever...annihilus is not interesting in the slightest. but drax IS. he used to be this psycho intergalactic crazy person, slaying people by the thousands. yet he's leading the teeny front, and living past everything. thanos lost his godhood, yet he's still insanely powerful...yet i feel thanos is keeping annihilus alive to keep the hivemind in check. i think he wants to drain the power of those two fucks that were broken free from their prison and took down galactus.

i just want drax to show him what his purple guts look like :mamoru:

6. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

I like how the war isn't cut and dry A vs. B. There are many factions involved, and I really want to see how the Cosmic portion of Marvel evolves from this.

Galactus getting the shit kicked out of him was predictable from the SS mini, but still, it was awesome. I also like how they built up the Surfer in that mini and promptly pwned him in Annihilation. The development of Ravenous and his maturity was a nice touch too. And the diabolical nature of Thanos is everlasting. I was kind of disappointed in Nova's role, but heck, he was the best one for that job. I just wish he could be out there kicking ass.

The only thing that confuses me though is Stardust; he's much more powerful than that and could probably wipe out the entire fleet with little effort. But oh well. Giffen said he wanted to thin out the Heralds, so it's got to be done. We've already seen Fallen One, Firelord, Airwalker, Morg, and Terrax fall. There aren't much left...just Silver Surfer, Red Shift, and Stardust, right?

7. void

void oh yeah?

:werd:

stardust almost took out beta ray bill. but now the heralds are targeted for termination since thanos has the surfer and galactus, using the old celestials or whatever the fuck they are to his own design.

shit, thanos already sicked them on galactus. why would he do that unless he wanted that kind of power that he's already shown annihilus that he can siphon?

8. Bobbot

wait wait wait...how can Thanos, or anyone, kill Annihilus? Oh...take the cosmic control rod! Thanos, you trickster, you!

I don't think Thanos "sicked" them on Galactus though; they already had a vendetta and it was #1 on their agenda, aside from finding out what was going on. I'm guessing each of them have their own universal function akin to Galactus.

9. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

I love the Surfer and it saddened me to see him promptly ass-kicked. But man was it bitchin'.

10. void

void oh yeah?

thanos told him how to get the juice out of terrax or whoever that was, i think it was him. thanos already has his little "talk" with the old gods that took out galactus...TWO beings kicked galactus's ass and had the surfer as a snack. never thought i'd type that out. as soon as he get's them to pry that rod out of annihilus, then death said "herself" that something special is going to happen. which means a shitload of death, which means thanos is going to get in the middle of it for his own goals, and fuck everything up. which means the only mass amounts of death will come from the deaths of the billions of the annihilation wave, then drax can gut thanos. :hsd:

11. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

I just realized that a lot of shit is going down in the Marvel U and all the good guys are getting butt-humped with no lube.

I want to see Galactus pissed and choke a bitch out.

12. Bobbot

Nice rationalization. I agree that Thanos is going to play a huge role in this. I think by the end of the series, Annihilus will take a backseat to another big player via plot twists, and I think Thanos will be the dude. As long as surfer has some important tasks, I'm okay with him being scarce in the series; afterall, it allows more development for the other characters.

But I really like your points on Thanos, the rod, and Death, all topped off with Drax vs. Thanos.

A few questions about Drax: is there anything special about his weapons? Is he a Titan also?

13. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

What if Drax isn't really going for thanos but the rod itself to restore his godhood?

All this tension needs to be offset by some good ol' mego humor.

14. Bobbot

But his little girl was called "clever" when she realized that Drax was after Thanos. Does Drax even know about the rod? Furthermore, does anyone other than the F4 know about the rod?

15. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

Probably. Get some smirfnoff in Susan Richards and she'll spill/spread anything.

Was I the only one who thought, "JURASSIC PARK!" when he said, "Clever girl."

16. void

void oh yeah?

i didn't even peice that together, i don't think anyone was supposed to until cammi said that. he's beefing nova up to wipe out the rest of the wave after he or thanos takes out annihius. annilhus is not going to live thorugh this, he can't...he's the boss right now, but his goal is all black and white...and that's how he thinks. his will won't be denied with the all powerful rod, until someone takes it away and jams it into his skull. they've already stratigiezed killing the queen to send the wave into dissary, it's only possible to stop the wave by killing annihilus. he WILL die, then the real fun will start. i just want to see how drax will turn out in this, he's the only guy who never got his series....when ronan did. :ugh2:

17. void

void oh yeah?

and drax is the guy teaching NOVA, probably the most powerful non-herald being in the universe right now.

18. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

Quasar dying made me sad. :(

19. Bobbot

GODDAM Nova is such a HARDASS! If he gets an ongoing after this, I'd hit it.

But you make good sense with the necessary death of Annihilus; that's the only way to stop the wave, short of destroying the armada. And they already tried once to kill him, and lost Quasar and the quantum bands.

20. void

void oh yeah?

:werd:

i didn't see that coming :hs:

21. void

void oh yeah?

if he doesn't die i'll be absolutly surprised...and you'll know because i'll have my annihilation comic lot on ebay because i hate that fucking guy :o

22. Bobbot

Seeing his decrepid corpse was a morale-killer. After seeing that, I was like "okay, we're fucked."

23. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

This is going to be one of those under-appreciated stories, I think. I mean, TONS of cosmic characters are being killed off or demoralized or just overall done for.

I mean Quasar is gone. Quasar. Dead. Done. Poof.

24. Bobbot

You hate Nova? I didn't really know much of him until this Annihilation series. And he's the last of the Corps, so he's got to live...

OR, maybe his powers are going to be taken over by another hero, kinda like a legacy type position. Maybe it's that guy in the beginning, Starlord or whatever. Afterall, he's got some kinda history, right? Maybe we'll get a Nova you like by the end of this.

25. void

void oh yeah?

i meant annihilus...if he creeps off back to the n-zone, all my books are going on ebay.

and i LOVE nova, the idea of holding the entire worldmind as your personal assistant is amazing. it drove the last one into madness, and he had to be put down...or he killed himself, i can't remember.

HOLY SHIT!

thanos kills annihilus, drax and thanos battle, thanos gets gutted, nova goes fucking apeshit from the worldmind currupting his soul, and galactus eats nova while the surfer and the rest clean up the wave.

:bowdown: i should work at marvel