COMIC anime with good gun-play ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by smell my finger, Dec 9, 2003.

1. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

not just huge, sci-fi guns that tear through cities ... im thinking more along the lines of acurate gun handling, attention realistic details..ect.

i watched the first episode of Gunslinger Girls, and that's the type of stuff im looking for, but it kinda creeped me out watching 10 year old girls run around, so i dont know if ill watch anymore of that one :hs:

2. Raviral

Raviral I'm famous, baby OT Supporter

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gunsmith Cats, Hellsing, something along those lines?

3. smell my finger

cowboy bebop had decent gunplay, but didn't go too much into the mechanics of the guns.. trigun was a little better ..(big props to them for the scene where vash and his brother each grabbed the cylinder of the revolvers to stop it from rotating) .. i haven't seen gunsmith cats... hellsing was sweet, it got a little more into the actual gun...

.. but Gunslinger Girls was more 'gun-technical' than all of those. i just watched the first episode, but it showed the girl racking the slide, playing with the clip and ejecting it, disasembling the gun (actually showing how you would really do it, with slide release and everything, ect) .. im looking something along those lines, an anime that demonstrates real knowledge of actual gun use rather than blasting away uber-mega-bombs of firepower.

4. Whojive

Whojive Form a Fucking Wall OT Supporter

5. tom3

tom3 ...

that part was really cool. watching the anime makes me feel kinda bad for the girls tho, especially henrietta. they look like they're brainwashed babies.

6. smell my finger

i know ... it's kinda sad, but at the same time they seem to be happy :hs:

i just watched through episode 7, and you get used to the fact that they're kids. the writing is really good, i like the conflicting emotions that the characters deal with.. i also love the fact that the girls are so cold hearted (episode seven, henrietta 'can i shoot them yet?' :rofl: )

it's a little slow, but i definitally have warmed up to the series :bigthumb:

7. TerryMathews

TerryMathews Guest