COMIC Anime fansubbers = :greddy:

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tun, Apr 11, 2006.

1. tun

tun Active Member

Cliffs: Fan subbers are not as they appear. Read the whole thing you lazy bastard. :fawk:

bolded keywords added because D_Nice is a lazy bastard :o

I've been involved in fan subbing and anime distribution for a few months now and I'm really getting tired of it. :o Some of the people that you meet and have to work with are just fucking unbelievable sometimes. I'm just going to list a bunch of generalizations based on what I've experienced. :o

1) For the most part, these people are faggot otaku. They take anime and themselves way too seriously. But I guess that's to be expected. If you guys knew how lengthy and tedious it was to do the actual fansubbing, you'd know that you'd need some kind of patience and dedication to do it every week. :o But getting back to the point, they think they are so important because they do this as a "hobby". Just the way they talk makes it seem like they demand your respect. They are in their respective IRC channels and talking like all day about anime and shit with other staff members in their private channel and people in their public channel. They are also generally unfriendly bastards. If you ask a "stupid" question, they just say GO READ THE RULES or give you a cold reply. If you say something they don't agree with, they get mad and defensive and start treating you like an enemy. :ugh: You'd be surprised at the kind of people who actually do the fansubbing. For the most part, it's a bunch of white otaku fans that handle everything except the actual translating. I'm not trying to knock white people who like anime, but the white otaku fans really give the rest of you guys a bad image. :o I've met all kinds of faggots from all over the world. Some are even single women in their 30's. :ugh: I've seen some married couples doing this shit too. :ugh: But the stereotype does hold true. Ugly and/or fat guys with no social lives. :o

2) They're all a bunch of selfish mother fuckers. This one characterisitc annoys me a lot because I try to help people including you guys out by sharing whatever I have. But these faggots are too lazy and selfish to send things like one freaking picture. I always hear bullshit like, "what's in it for me?" What the fuck do they need? A blowjob? :ugh: Actually they probably do since they're at home watching anime all day long. :rofl: :o And just now I ask this guy who has like a T1 connection to upload a RAW so that I could watch it and he's like no. It would take him 30 seconds, and he fucking brags about this too, but he won't upload it so that I can just watch it. :ugh:

3) They are cheap bastards. They always beg for donations and shit, yet they go out and buy like hundreds of anime DVDs, manga, art books, figurines, and all this other anime related bullshit. One of the main reasons why I don't donate shit aside from the fact that I'm poor. :o

4) Inter-fansubbing politics is fucking ridiculous. People do some of the stupidest and childish shit ever. Infiltrating other group FTP's and deleting all of their shit, giving bad ratings to competing group's releases on anidb and shit, etc. They just can't mind their own fucking business.

5) People are lazy. I can't stress this enough. This is why I sometimes prefer speedsub groups because they actually put in the time and effort to get it out as soon as possible. I understand when real life shit comes up and you just don't have time to do any of it, but it really holds up the rest of the team when you don't do your part and you have no good reason not to. And if real life shit happens, they need to communicate this to the rest of the staff so that we can find a replacement and keep moving on. This was a big problem for us with Hantsuki. :o

6) The guys are all pedophiles. :o Seriously, you can't find one group that doesn't have it's fucking loli loving pedophiles. :rofl: And they all make fun of each other self-deprecatorily. It's truly a pathetic sight to behold. They don't boast about their penis size or the car they drive, but rather their gigantic anime and hentai collections. :rofl:

Oh well, I have met some really cool guys though. They understand all of this stuff and they know better than to get involved in it. But these people are far and few in between. :o I would quit distroing for my main group but I can't pass up the benefit of having those RAWs that I love so much at my disposal. :o

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  2. D_Nice

D_Nice Super-Moderator Super Moderator

My, that certain is a lot of words you have there.

3. tun

tun Active Member

They are the sum of all my frustrations for the past few months. :o

4. D_Nice

I didn't read any of it :o

but I'm sure I've heard it all over aim already.

5. tun

tun Active Member

:madfawk: read it you bastard :o

6. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

7. D_Nice

I honestly can't

8. BoostAddict

BoostAddict New Member

funny how some of them always say "don't ask what's taking so long for our next release, some of us actually have lives" when in reality they actually don't :rofl:

9. tun

tun Active Member

that's the biggest fucking irony of it all :rofl:

10. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

fixed :o

11. tun

tun Active Member

:rofl: :fawk:

12. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

start postin them pics :o

13. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

I fit this profile unless the waves are good at the beach :noes: either that im working on my car :noes:

14. Jaron95

Jaron95 "Gattai" dattou?!

Needs more loli.

15. 触手強姦姫 ap13

触手強姦姫 ap13 ………Anime Crew For Life!……… ……………………O Wait………………… …

i dont care how they are... unless they dont provide me with the anime i need :mad:

16. Ninjak

Ninjak a REAL clutch pop-up.

:rofl::werd: and thats the reason why i dont donate. :o

17. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

18. tun

tun Active Member

:bowrofl: I fucking love that shirt

19. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

ya first day i wore it i was at the beach, all my friends were like WTF?, i told them my cousin made it for me and told me to wear it :o

20. tun

tun Active Member

when I get some money, I'm just going to buy a bunch of obscure anime shirts :o

21. 触手強姦姫 ap13

触手強姦姫 ap13 ………Anime Crew For Life!……… ……………………O Wait………………… …

:eek3: ugly skinny asian :run:

22. tokyonights

tokyonights Believe in me, who believes in you OT Supporter

I was interested in getting into the subbing business but now I don't

23. tun

tun Active Member

Depends what part of the process you want to do. :o If you do something like distro, it's bearable. I don't talk much with the rest of my staff because of the aforementioned reasons. :o I just do my job and get the anime quickly as a perk. :o

24. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:o

25. D_Nice

ultimatenewbie = otaku