COMIC anime elites sign in

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by The Fury, Aug 26, 2007.

1. The Fury

The Fury New Member

so my friend was asking me what FLCL was about.now i love that anime and have watched it like 10-15 times but still am not that sure about what the hell was going on. i told my friend that i'd get back to him in a few days lol. so who can bring forth a summery for said friend, and hell me too :mamoru:

2. JP

JP Active Member

is this a yearly thread?

3. Grifter

Grifter Silver Member

Plot Summary: Naota is a normal Japanese 6th grade boy (although a little cynical), but when his older brother leaves for America to play baseball, his brother leaves his homeless 17 year old girlfriend Mamimi behind. Mamimi is sending mixed signals and advances to Naota, and he doesn't know what to do about her. But to make matters worse, Naota's world is totally turned upside down when he is run over by a woman on a Vespa. During their first encounter, she hits him over the head with her guitar, which then causes a horn to grow out of his forehead. She calls herself "Haruko" and her presence changes Naota's life to even further insanity.

4. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

Crazy chick on vespa hits kid in the head with a guitar and makes the bump grows into a horn. Meanwhile, the kids ex girlfriend keep making passes at him.

Thats just the start and it just keeps getting stranger from there. Giant robots, Zombies, Aliens, Secret Government people with really odd eyebrows, and more. Its a crazy ride and the story is not handed to you on a plate, you gotta pay attention. Here is a quote from an ANN.com review that I think sums it up:

"It is at once about nothing and everything - a stream-of-consciousness joyride to a profound destination, an exercise in animation for its own sake that happens to tell a heartfelt coming-of-age story in the bargain. The gags are hilarious, the artistry superb, and the messages endlessly applicable to the human experience. It's all things to everyone, and it's something every serious fan of animation simply must see."

5. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

Oh, and the music is really good as well.

6. ae86drift

ae86drift (00) × NU.RIOT

really very good

the pillows are my fave j band

7. tun

tun Active Member

8. D_Nice

D_Nice Super-Moderator Super Moderator

snape kills dumbledore

9. 触手強姦姫 ap13

触手強姦姫 ap13 ………Anime Crew For Life!……… ……………………O Wait………………… …

are you looking for a plot summary or an explination of what the show is really about. you can just link to animenewsnetwork since they normally have quality summaries. When you look past the wacky randomness you realize that it really isn't just some random crap compiled to create an entertaining show. Really it is just about a puberty. and i am really to lazy to go through and try to back up my point.

10. The Fury

The Fury New Member

WHAT...:eek3:
    i don't want to see the movie now

11. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter