Animatrix people: Someone explain to me what each episode means?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Tk, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

I borrowed it from my friend and I'd just like your input on what you think about each episode. I really dont know what to think yet, among that its a crazy DVD. I watched all episodes but 5 last night, because 5 wasnt giving me any sound for some reason.

Anyhow, just explain what each episode means, especially the The Second Renaissance I and II, those kindof threw me off. Was it the machines that build a city underground or the people to escape the machines? :confused:

2. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

ask me a specific question about any of the episodes and ill answer

3. Grouch

Grouch Guest

they dont really "mean" anything. Last flight was just the telling of the week before Matrix 2 starts. The last rennasians (sp) the story the leads up to the creation of the matrix. its not as though there is a deeper meaning to any of them.

4. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

there's a lot behind the last one, for example.. where they are trying to convert robots to the human side by giving them a choice :cool:

and the one with the runner-guy.. that was bad ass

5. vtec1994

vtec1994 It always rains at Le Mans

i didnt get that one with the runner at all

6. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

The last one with the track athlete is about a man who has perhaps fumbled towards the discovery of The Matrix true power; mind over matter, and that is in essence what The Matrix is. Though he never truly understood the phenominon, he is shown to break the barrier between what's real and what isn't real by overpowering his crippled legs -- something inconceivible in real life which suggests he's becoming aware of his state of mind.