SRS ANGER

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Jul 19, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I work for a shipping company. yesterday night after a long day of work, me and some guys were out smoking cigarettes while we waited for out last shipment of boxes to come in so we can finish and go home. One guy from another loading dock came over and asked me to come inside because he has something important for me to do. I told him I'm smoking a cigarette and can't. He starts trying to persuade me to come and everything. So, he waited till I finished and then he told me he needs me to go back to his dock to get a box and bring it back to this dock. I'm like WTF?? He's the manager of that dock and i'm the manager of this dock, why the fuck are you telling me to do this? It's your responsibility, not mine. He then says that his boss told him to tell me to do it. He had this little jackass smirk on his face the whole time. This smirk like "I know I should go get it, but watch, i'll make him do it for me." So, I did it. I walked all the way back in front of those guys and got his box. I know what he said about his boss telling him to tell me was complete bullshit though, so did everyone else. I came back carrying this thing on my shoulder and he was just standing there talking with somebody. He clearly could of gotten it but didn't. He even laughed when he saw me and said "see, it's not so bad." This guy is a fucking jackass and it really pisses me off how he got me to do this for him. And i'm also mad at myself because I actually did it even though he should of. I feel like I submitted to him and he made me his bitch. I'm fucken pissed off at this guy right now. What should i do, I hate being angry and if he does it again i'm gonna fucken snap on him.

2. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

it also angers me that 3 other guys watched this whole thing happen and after I stood my ground saying that i'm not getting it, I ended up getting it. It makes me look like a fucken idiot.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

People can only use you if you allow them to (ab)use you.

If someone really needs your help and it is an honest request then its ok to lend a hand, if someone is just charring you before their carts then its NOT ok, people use you as a doormat up till the point you say ' STOP, to here and no further' , don't let people misabuse you and walk over you.

4. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

You started off well by holding your ground then ...

:wtf:

You were doing good until you got the box. :dunno:

Just let it go and don't let him do it again. It's like the saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

I don't understand why you'd jump from a good idea of standing up for yourself to being a bitch for no reason.

5. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

why do people choose to do this? Why do people use other people as doormats? I would never do this to another human being no matter how easy it would be.

6. mrj

mrj New Member

I don't see what the big deal is, but I'm a pretty helpful person. I'm sure in cases were my generosity has been completely abused, I get angry. But then I realize it's not worth even getting upset over. Whose the bigger person in the end? The liar, or the generous one?

7. Takitome

Takitome New Member

It makes them feel better about their own sorry ass self ;)
    Some people have to constantly prove themselves like that with other people too feel valued or something. But don't think anybody would stand up for someone like that when he actually needs help

8. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

The big deal is that this guy is a jackass. He belittled me in front of 3 other co workers that I got along with great. And the worst part is that I let him. I went and got his stupid box when it was his responsibility. He knew he should have gotten it, which probably explains the stupid smirk he had on his face.

I don't think people that saw this happen think that i'm the bigger person in the end. The probably saw me as the stupid spineless bitch. That is what infuriates me the most.

Why would I get the box? In the heat of the situations, I actually rationalized reasons to get it for him. Why the fuck would i do this? Is it because I am a bitch by nature?

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

First of all, you sound like you will blow up with anger problems one day. I'm not basing it just off this thread, but off others you've made.

Second, you should be mad at yourself for being the idiot that caved in to that guy. Get over it, honestly. This is not the kind of trivial shit that should bug you enough to make a thread.

10. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

i'm pissed at myself the most because this kind of shit has happened to me countless times. Every time it happens I say to myself i'll never let people manipulate me like that again, but it always happens and each time I get more and more pissed until one day I'm gonna become a total asshole all the time and nobody will understand why that guy is such an asshole to everyone. Well, this is why. I used to be a nice guy but people kept taking advantage of that and being an asshole is my defense mechanism.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You need to stand up for yourself and don't allow people to abuse you.

You are a wonderfull person in that you want to help people out, but it has to be the right kind of people, don't help people who just see you as a tool of the fool , help honest, genuine people, and most important don't become bitter by allowing these people to drag you along in their negativity. Bitterness will only eat you alive, no one can be happy in bitterness. And that's really the big danger with people and events like this that their bad influence will turn you into an asshole, from nice guy to a child from hell, don't allow them to turn you into something you do not want to be.

12. mrj

mrj New Member

I'm a huge fan of the "Kill them with kindness" mentality. It's hard as hell to find people like that, but when you do, you'll know what I'm talking about.

13. wired3758

wired3758 New Member

thanks guys, i'm in a similar situation (sort of).

had an interview for an internal transfer at work to a completely new position. i start in 2 weeks (after 2 months of red tape) but i'm told it'll be on my current salary until sept when they've defined the role further...

thing is, i've gotta make a leap of faith, trusting them and looking like a doormat/desperate. i've done it before and management changes and i got screwed over.
    don't wanna have to quit over it, just want what's fair.

don't wanna be bitter over it either. i guess there's always something you can do if you're not happy with the situation and you don't have to agree with someone if they're taking advantage. i'll tell them again i need something more definite.

if you wanna help people out and the odd ones take advantage, just resolve to handle it better next time if their attitude sucks.

14. jonno

jonno New Member

15. tbizzle

tbizzle you smoke that shit?

16. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

that made me giggle. I'm not a man of my word though.

that girl in your avatar is pissing me off as well.

17. BCKane

BCKane KPS 99

If you work the docks, i'm assuming your in the union? I would not let that slide. Working in the maritime industry, you have to stick up for yourself. You let one guy walk all over you, that will get around and most guys will lose respect for you and won't listen when they should. If you guys are equal in position just tell him to go fuck himself. Even if he has more seniority.

I worked in the maritme industry for years, you don't mess with most union guys, cause they will seriously fuck you up if you disrespect them. There is nothing quite like dropping a corner lock two inches from someones head to get their attention and let them know they better watch their mouth.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Your problem is you are always blaming every one else, when it's very clear that you are the one making bad choices.

19. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

You are on the same level as this guy.
    There is no reason you could not have told him to go F himself when he came to you.

You know why he did that? Cause he could. Cause he knew what the outcome would be.

Only you can change that. Next time tell him to GFH and stick to your guns.

20. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

It's funny that even though we wear suits and ties and drive machines, we are still very primal at our best. This seems like an Alpha male thing. You are the top dog to him, but he is pushing you to see how far you will give. I am generally an overly nice person, but shit like this would bug me too much for me to do it. I'd have done it for him too, but made it clear to him that he should do his own job.