SRS Anger probs

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by the13thzen, Feb 19, 2007.

1. the13thzen

the13thzen New Member

i've been getting overwhelmingly angry over stupid shit lately. I've had about 3 freak outs in the past 24 hours. i feel like throwing a temper tantrum over things that don't necessarily deserve them.

i usually don't get so angry over petty things but everything is making my blood boil and i don't understand why. i've never really had anger management issues. my aggression has always been turned inwards as opposed to outwards. :dunno:

2. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Whenever you get angry, grab a pillow. Squeeze it as hard as you can and think of your happy place.

3. the13thzen

the13thzen New Member

how condescending

4. element4all

element4all Active Member

5. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Condescending? No. That's what some people tell you to do when you go to anger managements.

6. the13thzen

the13thzen New Member

to children maybe. i find the concept of a "happy place" extremely juvenile and condescending.

7. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Take up boxing or Krav maga or something. Great way to release all that pent up rage and energy. Go to a therapist as well.

If you dont have the time, get a soft medicine ball and slam it against the ground as hard as you can for 20 minutes a day. Start writing a journal to try to figure out whos pissing you off so much. Also start eating oatmeal or something to maintain a steady blood sugar level.

8. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Something must be bothering you. Is there something inside that you are bottling up? A deep emotion? A feeling? Some sort of situation between you and someone you love? know? Hang with? anything?

If you are throwing temper tantrums out of nowhere, there has to be some sort of underlying stress that is causing you to. Most anger problems don't come from nowhere... unless there is something physically wrong. However, anything can be worked out with enough self control.

When you start to get mad at something: freeze.

Think about this:

1. Why am I getting mad?
    2. Who/What is causing me to get mad?
    3. Should I be mad?
    4. What can I do instead olf getting mad to make this a better situation.

It's a lot to think of at first, but it's like learning how to play baseball. Someone has to teach you the mechanics before it becomes second nature.

9. the13thzen

the13thzen New Member

there are definitely triggers for the anger. they're just stupid. stupid reasons such as these used to cause me to go into little pits of depression where i just get very depressed. what could cause a person's aggression to shift from a natural state of inwardness (depression) into an outward form (anger)? guesses are cool. i'm not expecting TOO much from OT, but suggestions to the cause would be interesting. :hsd:

10. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

My ultimate theory is that you have supressed so much in the past years of your life that your body has found a successful way of releasing what you hold in. It's like... well... if you try to hold in a pee for a long time, sooner or later your body will either give and implode, or it will explode and you'll just end up having to urinate.

You've gotten the exploding form. Though, it seems like you are beating around the bush a lot. Examples? What kind of stuff is going on to make you angry? I mean, we all have our pet peeves, but maybe it might just be you're over reacting.

11. Dorn

Dorn New Member

What is making you angry? What are the circumstances in which these situations arise?

I've been going through what you're going through for the past three months now. I never used to be angry. Then all of a sudden, something little happens and I would blow up on it, where that little thing before I didn't do a damn thing.

Find a counselor. But make sure they're the right person for it. Try and involve yourself with activities that make you happy and relieve stress. That's one thing I never got the chance to do, and I think that's why it's still here.

http://www.amazon.com/Anger-Trap-Yo..._bbs_sr_1/102-4414193-6221707?ie=UTF8&s=books

I'm going to buy that book tonight. From what I've read, it looks like a really good book that could help you. If you want, I will let you know how it is once I get going on it, and tell you if it's worth the buy.