SRS anger mgmt

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Dec 5, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

i think i may have very mild anger management issues. like it's not rlly causing me serious problems in my life or anything but i do get very mad.

for example there were two times where i've been verbally abusive to my best female friend at school. once two years ago, and then a few weeks ago we were on the phone and i told her some nasty things that made her cry. what i said was that by any objective measure she was a loser and then i listed some stuff. i asked her to give me another chance which she has

then there was another time when this guy who has always pissed me the fuck off got on my nerves b/c of his tone of voice, so i began taunting him until he threatened to rip off my balls and stuff them down my throat, before storming off to his room and slamming the door. my gf at the time almost broke up w me because of that incident

in the meantime i have managed to make actual enemies out of two of my best friend's suitemates, somehow ... i haven't even been particularly offensive towards them at all in my memory but boy do they have some vitriolic thoughts about me

and my cell is broken because i've thrown it a lot b/c i get mad at people on the phone

like i said, no serious consequences but i guess a slight problem. mostly a funny problem. :rofl:

2. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

I could never throw tantrums around people. I tend to smash shit when I'm by myself, lol.

Try to be self-conscious around others when experiencing anger.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

when i experience anger towards someone i feel the urge to intimidate them, so in some sense i am extremely conscious of myself

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: Whenever I feel myself getting to that point, I usually just leave and go do some other activity where I can get my aggressions out. Like heading out in the car on some back roads and beat the shit out of my car driving it hard :mamoru: :o

5. JohnJohnJohnson

but why? how does that bring u any satisfaction

6. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

it means that you control your anger, and don't say things that you will regret later!!

7. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Try saying whats bothering you in a regular tone. If you can't say it without putting someone down, then just keep your mouth closed untill you've calmed a bit. If its something you really cannot stand for, then maybe a little intimidation is in order. But keep your cool, throwing tantrums will achieve nothing. Telling someone "I don't like it when you do that" or "thats not right" in a serious/harsh tone may make them feel bad, but it might be something you have to do. Expressing anger the right way, at the right times is what anger management is all about. Putting someone down for no real reason is not.

Other than that, I find that having a heavy bag at home and beating the shit out of it for 15-20 min everyday keeps me much calmer in all other situations.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Get into the habbit of thinking "what will happen if I say such-and-such? What will happen if I do such-and-such? What will people think of me? What will be the result in 5 seconds? In 5 minutes? In 5 days?"

That thought should flash through your head in an instant.

9. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Guess what?

In a bout of rage over words on a screen, I fell to the floor kicking and screaming.

Now, my foot extremely hurts because of it.

Someone, please.. SHOOT ME!