MMA Andrei Arlovski signs with Golden Boy Promotions

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/02/04/arlovski-signs-with-golden-boy/

Andrei Arlovski signs with Golden Boy Promotions
    February 4, 2009 by Gary Herman

Sources have informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com that Andrei Arlovski has signed an agreement with Golden Boy Promotions.

Full details of the deal are not known at this time, but Arlovski had been rumored to enter the boxing world since early in 2008. Recently, trainer Freddie Roach confirmed that Arlovski was going to start boxing following the fight with Fedor Emelianenko. At the time, Roach stated that he wanted to Arlovski to challenge WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay Valuev.
    News of the signing with Golden Boy signals that Arlovski’s entry into boxing is more than just rumor and is now expected to become reality.

Arlovski, a former UFC heavyweight champion, challenged Emelianenko for the WAMMA heavyweight title last month during Affliction M-1’sDay of Reckoning” event in Anaheim, Calif. After winning much of the first round, Arlovski was knocked out by a right cross delivered Fedor while attempting to finish the former PRIDE champion with a flying knee.

A native of Belarus, Arlovski is 14-6 in a pro MMA career that dates back to 1999. He holds notable wins in his career over Roman Zentsov, Ian Freeman, the late Justin Eilers, Paul Buentello, Tim Sylvia, former IFL light heavyweight champion Vladimir Matyushenko, Fabricio Werdum, Ben Rothwell, and former IFL heavyweight champion Roy Nelson.

2. Helios

Helios New Member

I'm actually a little excited, might be first first boxing ppv I ever buy. :coold:

3. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

lol, arlovski will get owned in a boxing ring.
    say good bye to 3 or 5 round fights with tiny gloves. completely different sport, i'd rather watch boxers come to mma and get torn apart than have mma fighters go into boxing and make mma look bad

4. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Valuev, isn't he the huge fucking guy? Doesn't Arlovski remember how his last boxing match with a big tall idiot went?

5. SurlyDuff

SurlyDuff Well-Known Member

If you can't take a punch you probably shouldn't get into a sport where you're going to get punched in the face repeatedly.

He should try golf, big dude, could get some good leverage and shit. :hsugh:

6. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

He can take jabs to the face. What he can't handle is those little gloves hitting him square in the face. I don't think his weak chin will be as big of a factor in boxing - but I don't expect him to do much in the ring.

I agree with apman. I'd rather not see MMA fighters go to boxing right now and have mainstream sports go "SEE! THOSE GUYS SUCK AT FIGHTING!! LOL THIS PROOOVS IT."

7. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

yes