MMA Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson - Who will win?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by luvmylegend, Feb 4, 2008.

?

Dan Henderson vs. Dan Henderson - who will win?

1. Henderson by strikes

23 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Silva by submission

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Decision

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. read it

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. luvmylegend

luvmylegend Wut?

I've watched most of Dan Henderson's fights and every single Anderson Silva fight. Here's my take on both of them. I am not bias, as I idolize both fighters for their natural fighting ability.

Dan Henderson is tough as nails, everybody knows that. His punches land on-target a lot and he does bring force, especially that right hand, which Silva will be looking for. His ability to power out of holds and submissions is also great since the only person that has submitted him was big Nog (twice). He will, however gas in the 4th and 5th rounds. He'll come out strong but will get tired after a minute into those last 2 rounds.

Anderson Silva is like an artist of Muay Thai. He takes a punch well and so far, has never been knocked out. His ability to keep his opponents off balance and in his control is a big factor to most of his wins. Dan will test his chin more than once in the first few rounds and possibly overpower Anderson if they clinch.

This fight can go anywhere. Here's a few possible scenario's:

#1. Henderson will catch Silva with a solid face shot, knock him down, and end it within the first 2 rounds.

#2. Silva will clinch with Henderson, but then take it to the ground and keep it there most of the rounds. Silva will be overpowered, but the active guard will end up wearing out Henderson and Silva will pull off some some sort of choke submission.

#3. They tie each other up, roll around, the ref breaks them up for lack of action, repeat, rinse, and it goes to a close decision.

#4. Brock Lesnar flies out of the rafters and lands a flying drop kick to Anderson Silva's head. Then, after claiming Brock and Dan's alliance, they'll have a tag team battle between Kurt Angle and Mike Tyson. :dunno:

I believe if it goes anywhere near 5 rounds, Silva's endurance will prevail. If Silva stands with Henderson for the first 3 rounds, he will get caught and hurt.

Amirite?

2. ZZex

ZZex New Member

I believe if it goes anywhere near 5 rounds, Silva's endurance will prevail. If Silva stands with Henderson for the first 3 rounds, he will get caught and hurt.

And #4

It's hard to choose between these two. Silva is a beast and Hendo is a rock beast. I actually don't know who to choose since they are so respected and graceful. :wtc: Can't they just hold hands and call a truce?

3. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Hendo's age is starting to show though. His power is starting to slowly dwindle away along with speed, until he'll be another Matt Hughes... I have a lot of respect for him, but I don't see him winning. Silva has proven his striking ability, so I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic, even in that weight class Silva is accurate as hell and strikes with KO power. Hendo can only hope it's not Silva's night. It's the way I see it, lol we must be watching two different fighters.

My vote would be Silva via KO 1st round.

4. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

i dont see hendo beating anderson...,

that being said, hendo has the best chance out of any other middleweight to beat silva. if it happens it will probably be:
    - hendo catching silva hard in the clinch
    - hendo stealing enough rounds by getting silva on his back and doing enough g'n'p to convince the judges.

if they stand and bang the entire time, silva wins this (probably by decision)

5. xrukus07x

xrukus07x Active Member

i like both fighters equally but im rootin tootin on hendo for this one. :hsd:

6. Both nog brothers subbed hendo.

7. JayKimchee

JayKimchee OT Supporter

I'm picking Hendo

UD

8. Unitas

Unitas .

Silva via KO (knees)

9. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

Silva KO via striking... rnd3

10. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

dis pole sux

11. roose

roose Guest

No option for Silva KO?

12. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

Funny how theres no Silva via strikes option.

13. ilduce

ilduce New Member

yeah all of his wins are by submission so it makes sense.

14. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

when has anderson went 5? why does do you think he has more gas then Dan, I think being many people call him decesion dan because he is used to going the whole way. Silva hasnt been to a 3rd rd since 04, 5 of Hendo's last 6 fights have gone the distance

15. Redneck Shinobi

Which only proves age is catching up. He is no longer as explosive, or powerful as he used to be. I like the guy, but I don't see him getting to the punch first, or being able to defend against his speed. Even a Middleweight can defeat a Heavyweight with speed alone.

I guess we will find out soon enough, I've just noticed an older Henderson, especially in his last 3 fights, just not the heart I'm used to seeing from him.

16. Dan was known for getting decisions in his prime.

And the old saying is "power is always the last thing to go".

And how much heart did he not show vs. rampage? Did you SEE that fight?

17. Loss Quinton Jackson Decision (Unanimous) UFC 75 - Champion vs. Champion 9/8/2007 5 5:00
    Win Wanderlei Silva KO (Punches) PRIDE 33 - Second Coming 2/24/2007 3 2:08
    Win Vitor Belfort Decision (Unanimous) PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal 10/21/2006 3 5:00

Those are Hendo's last three fights.
    Where the hell are you coming up with these theories?

18. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

he's an idiot, ignore him.

Dan is as good as he's ever been. Same Dan with more tools in his belt.

19. Redneck Shinobi

Wow didn't realize I had to be a nut hugger to avoid being called an idiot. I have a different opinion grow some balls and deal with it. I'm going by watching those fights, Wanderlei is also washed up, at the early age of 33. I don't see him ever getting any better than where he is at today. We all peak is all I'm saying, and I think Henderson is there, I watched those fights, yes, and I obviously seen a different fighter than you do. We are going to find out, If I'm wrong I guess I'm just an "idiot".

20. Wanderlei wore that belt since they created it, and Dan took it from him.

Dan BARELY lost to Rampage, the undisputed best 205er out there right now.

and he beat vitor belfort, which is an OK performance.

It's hard to see that as anything other than a man in his fighting prime.

21. Redneck Shinobi

Good points. I think he did well against Rampage, but I didn't think he did that great overall. Sure he lasted in the night with a friggin' beast, but I saw the fight in Rampages favour throughout. I think he did well against Wandy though, but I don't see him being able to be that aggressive towards Silva.

You should never underestimate an opponent so I'll give him that, everyone has a chance walking into that ring of pulling off something unexpected. I guess it's a bit biased, but as I see the two fighters, I just see Silva with more of that taste for blood, alpha male type. Look how easily he destroyed Franklin's mental game.

22. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I think Dan's going to try to get inside and overpower Silva in the clinch. Whether it'll work or not remains to be seen. If it goes to the ground, Dan has the upper hand. He can control Silva well down there and work some gnp. I think it'll go the distance and I think Dan wins by decision. His cardio is very good.

23. ilduce

ilduce New Member

For some reason I just cant see this fight going 5:dunno:. I think this fight is made for fireworks and will be finished before the end of the 5th.

24. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

i have to pick silva.

25. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

silva hasn't faced anybody like hendo, but hendo has faced fighters like kinda like silva (wandy, belfort kinda sorta)