SRS and my mom has cancer again v. FUCK THIS NOISE

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Lucky Penny, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I just left my parents house today- drove back to DC... I called my parents to tell them I got home okay and my mom tells me her cancer is back and she's having surgery tomorrow at 6:30 am.

FUCK.

She said that she's known for 3 days. She didn't tell me cause she knew I wouldn't leave. I just spent a week with them and she said she doesn't want me to drive back to their house (400+ miles away) because I need to go to work and take care of things here. She says there's nothing I can do if I'm back home with them anyway. Which is true... but seriously. Shit.

She had cancer when I was 17. Fought it for 2 years- just had her 5 year clear a few months back. I don't even know what to do right now. I can't believe this is happening again- it's completely surreal.

Please send out some prayers or really positive thoughts to her and her doctors!!!

Thanks guys

2. IMJ

IMJ The Bitch

3. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Sorry to hear about your mom. I have cancer, but after my next round of treatments in August I should be starting to turn around. If you'd like, PM me your snail mail address... I have a little bracelet (like the lance armstrong yellow ones) that says "Fuck Cancer" that my mom gave to me... I'm sure your mom would love it. I don't wear jewelery, but it's funny. Let me know if you'd like me to mail out to you so you can give it to her/mail it to her yourself.

4. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

5. Lucky Penny

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That was the best laugh I've gotten all day. Thank you so much! (pm totally sent)

6. wufei

wufei New Member

:hug: know the feeling of a family member with cancer. best wishes to your mother.

7. Trigger Happy

Trigger Happy OT Supporter

8. B4 I FU R U 18

B4 I FU R U 18 Active Member

best of luck :hug:

9. Lucky Penny

Thanks for the support guys :hs:

I talked to my dad today- my mom is finally out of ICU and in her own room. It's a lot worse than the doctors originally thought. I have no specifics though- which makes me want to claw my eyes out...

She told me she was getting another lumpectomy and she would be out of the hospital by Friday... well, apparently the real story is that she really had a mastectomy and she won't be out of the hospital until later next week.

She's always tried to sugar-coat everything...she's a mom, it's just the way she is, but it sucks because I have NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON. I feel like I can't get a straight answer from anyone. It's killing me.

I literally don't know what to do with myself. I'm just kind of walking around in this fog...I'm 400 miles from my parent's home- my parents don't want me to come back home because I just spent 10 days there. I don't have the money to drive or fly back and I have rent to pay so my mom wants me to stay out here for the time being...

I feel so stupidly useless right now. I feel like I have so many thoughts going through my head at once that I can't grasp on to a single one...

I know you guys always say to keep busy when you're going through a breakup- think that'll work for this too?

I'm having a hard time bringing myself to really talk to anyone- The internet is a nice escape but I've barely talked to my SO or my friends...I'm going to the gym tonight, try to work out some stress and maybe work up an appetite and wear myself out so I can get good meal and some decent sleep... we'll see.

Thanks again :sadwavey:

10. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Sorry to hear about this.:hug:

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

We are here for you. :love::hug::love:

12. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

13. Discovery44

Discovery44 Thread Killer

Damn dude :hug:

Hang in there

14. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Sorry to hear Penny. It's a lot easier to be sick then to be worried about someone who is sick... maybe she isn't giving out specifics because she doesn't quite know them yet herself?

If you need someone to talk to, you can always post here or PM me your AIM cause after 9pm most nights I'm on it.

I sent the package out yesterday morning so it should arrive by tomorrow or Saturday (I tried to PM you but your box was full)

15. duckbutter

duckbutter New Member

its horrible having a family member with cancer, best wishes for getting through it :hug:

16. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:hug:
    Your mom and your family are in my prayers.

17. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

best of luck :hug: i shall pray for all of you

18. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

19. Lucky Penny

Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate the support :hs:

My mom is still in the hospital. She should be able to leave sometime this coming week. She was able to get up and go for a little walk around the hallway on Friday, which she said really wore her out, but she was pumped to finally get out of bed.

You're right, I think it is harder to love someone that is sick then to actually be sick. She hasn't actually talked about how she's feeling or what's going on- the doctors have her medicated pretty heavily because they've had a hard time regulating her pain. I do know however, that she cannot get radiation again because apparently you can't get radiation on the same part of the body twice. She will have quite a few rounds of chemo, but it's a different kind than she had before (I have no idea what that means) She gets her test results in the next 2 days. I'll keep you guys posted.

MrChina, Thank you for the bracelet. And nice message in the letter, btw. :rofl:

Thank you all for you kind thoughts :hsd:

20. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Penny,
    Glad you got it. I thought maybe the USPS went looking through the package... ;) I dropped the bracelet not once but twice in the parking lot so hopefully it wasn't too dirty. (Had a white shirt and khaki pants on, couldn't dirty them so I sent it "as is")

It's great she's up and walking. It'll take time to get her energy back, that's for sure. Tell her hey from OT :wavey: