and a thousand thousand orbiters lived on

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Jul 13, 2007.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I'm going out with the s/o and the 7 guys she's close friends with from college. this weekend we'll be going to a club. i'm super inhibited about dancing and i haven't been gaming for a few months and i'm about to be introduced to her clique from school.

i've got nerves about this :noes:

i'll take advice from all the usual suspects

2. You don't have to dance and if you do, she will do the leading. Let it develop that way.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

can you explain this a little further

4. I don't dance either, but I will grab a girls hand and take her where ever I want to. I let her do the dancing and I just follow.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Dancing is fucking awesome.

The trick is to really learn how to feel the beat.

#1 Rule of dancing in a club is never lean forward. Always lean back or at worst, be straight up and down.

Move your whole body as one.

Get buzzed enough that you enjoy it and don't worry about what people think of you.

Don't be one of those guys who just stands around watching everyone else dance!

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

werd. if it's too much, then don't. never do something you don't want to do, right? just be open, and smile.

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I think lots of guys are plain scared to dance.

If they would spend the time to learn, I think many would actually enjoy it.

I know there was a time that I refused to dance. Now you can't keep me off the dance floor.

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I don't know why you are worried about dancing if its guy friends. If it were girl friends from college, i would be concerned. Out of any group of 7 guys, chances are there are going to be more then a few who don't dance and therefore you really aren't going to be obligated to if you don't want to. Just make an effort to give them some attention, threat them with respect but not fear or insecurity and be your usual cool self (you can take that any way you want, either act like you always do if you are always cool, or do your cool guy routine like you usually do when trying to appear cool if you aren't)

Obviously if these are good friends of hers that view her in a protective way, your easiest in is going to be seen to be good for her and treating her well. Gushing just a tad about how great she is or something would probably get you on all of the protective friends good side, though may not help you with the jealous leg humper friends.

you pretty much arn't going to win with any jealous guy friends so just make sure to maintain enough of an alpha presence that they reconsider acting on any negativity they may be thinking. ie, if one of them is jealous and gives you some sort of backhanded remark, just stare them right in the eye with the "don't fuck around" look.

/advice

Doesn't really apply to this thread, but knowing how to dance is one of the best things ever. Has been a useful skill hundreds of times. its so much faster and less effort required then any other kind of situation that starts with a cold call and ends up making out.

Watch the guys that seem to know what they are doing. pay attention to the way they follow the beat and much more importantly the way they let their posture and mannerisms reflect what they want it to. practice at home with a mirror with similar music. Watch how something simple like the way you hold your hands can change everything.

a few beers helps, many beers may make it easier but probably makes you sloppier, a LOT of beer isnt doing you any favors if you weren't any good at many beers.

9. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:bowrofl: