Analysts: 3G iPhone may reach users by midyear

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ROFLCORE, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ROFLCORE

ROFLCORE Guest

http://www.macworld.com/article/132062/2008/02/3giphone.html?lsrc=mwweek

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

no CDMA no care.

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

sure hope so. i've got money in hand waiting for the new gen

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Why not? because you're with Sprint/Verizon? The rest of the world is on GSM.

5. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

Did anybody read the Wired Magazine article about the iPhone and it's secrecy? I doubt we'll find out much about 2G iPhone until right before it comes out.

I'm returning my iPod Touch and waiting it out for the next gen iPhone...

6. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

rest of the world on GSM? :hsugh: Definitely not. Maybe the rest of the USA, almost all of Europe & Asia use CDMA. CDMA coverage in Canada also far exceeds GSM.

7. TALLandNcharge

TALLandNcharge New Member

I'm calling it. The new 3G iPhone will be announced at next year's MacWorld. That way most users will have had their phone close to 2 years and want an upgrade. That equals repeat business and then some for Apple.

8. ROFLCORE

ROFLCORE Guest

I've had my iPhone for 2 days and it's great. 3g would make this better? How is that even possible? Shit, :in:.
    lol

9. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

difference between dsl and cable internet

10. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

already been verified that it is coming out in 2008

11. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

doesnt mean cdma is the major signal just b/c its used. look on howardforums and see the gsm domination

12. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

13. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Uh, no. GSM was created to avoid strict anti-trust legislation in Europe, and it spread to Asia pretty quickly because they were the guys making almost all of the phones. Maybe Africa uses CDMA, I dunno, but the only industrialized part of the world that will go near anything but GSM is North America, because it was American phone companies who came up with all of those old, proprietary networks, and they want to retain the ability to block users from switching networks easily.

That's why I will not buy any phone that isn't GSM, no matter how cool it is.

14. TALLandNcharge

Umm... no. Apple does not confirm future products. Everything posted is rumors. Besides, Apple will have to announce the new iPhone around 5 months before release to make sure it dosen't leak out from the FCC. Just like they did the original iPhone.

15. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/confirmed/jobs-confirms-3g-iphone-coming-2008-300900.php

thats just one of many articles about it. also, how could the ceo of att go on record and confirm it will be out in 2008 if apple wouldnt/couldnt provide it?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/29/atandt-ceo-outs-3g-iphone-youll-have-it-next-year/

just search google. its been confirmed

16. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Yeah cause companies in a partner ship NEVER EVER promise things they can't deliver on. Never.

17. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

:eek3: glad you're hear now. you've got the inside track and know Jobs personally, whats the word on it, skippy?

gtfo with your know it all insider shit

many different places have Jobs and Stephenson both saying it. no one knows 100% until its finished but thats the way its looking

18. verbal

verbal Active Member

My Sprint phone is starting to die. I don't think I can wait that long for a 3G iPhone. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying an iPhone within the next month.

Which leads me to a question I was going to post a topic about: Which iPhone will have a better resale value-- 8 gig or 16 gig?

19. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Where the fuck did you get that from? :wtf: Better get your facts straight.
    oh yeah, fuck CDMA, Sprint, Verizon :fawk: Specially Verizon, I hear they deliberately block features from their phones to force you to buy their ringtones and what not.

20. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I've never claimed to have any insider info on the 3G iPhone. I'd love to see where Jobs has personally confirmed that the 3G iPhone will be released in 2008. As far as I've ever seen he has only said that there will be one at some point but never confirmed it would be in 2008.

21. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple said: "You can expect a 3G iPhone later next year".
    http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/10212/11236/apple-iphone-3g-coming-2008.phtml

Well, the answer, straight from El Jobso's mouth, is that the 3G iPhone is alive and well and should see the light of day sometime next year.
    http://www.fiercecio.com/techwatch/story/jobs-confirms-3g-iphone-next-year/2007-09-18

apparently he said it in Europe at a press conference.

22. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

but I want it now... :wtc:

23. TALLandNcharge

I want to see a video. I find it extrememly hard to believe that the CEO of a company, much less Apple, would come out an say a better iPhone is coming out this year. Steve Jobs does not do that. That is like telling consumers to hold onto their money and wait. Of course they are working on one, but I'm not sure when it will come out. Just listen to me and the FCC thing. If it was going to be released by July, they would need to have announced it by now because the FCC releases papers on it around 5 months before the actual product is released.

24. ROFLCORE

ROFLCORE Guest

That's like saying Apple didn't announce the new, improved operating system and the machines that it would be installed on before it was released.

Hey don't buy powerbooks, because MacBook Pro's are coming out.

It was more like, "get ready to get your MacBook Pro."

25. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

:ugh: omg! do you want Jobs to fucking deliver a letter to your house along with a urine sample? fuck dude, quit being so skeptical to the point where it'll hurt your pride if a webpage posts something that is against what you "believe".

and i dont recall saying anything about june. i simply said this year. you're the one throwing june up and saying it will not be in 2008. this is only FEBRUARY, pumpkin :hsugh: and of course "you're not sure when it'll come out", you have nothing to do with apple. at least im supplying links to sites that are reporting on closer to fact than your opinion

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008