Analysis of diet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I usually do pretty good with this cutting thing. My last cut was started at ~ 220lbs and 17% b/f and then I cut down to about 195lbs and 11-12% b/f at the height of 5' 9". Well I bulked up again to 225 at a slightly lesser b/f than before... ~ 15/16%.

This time however I am having more trouble cutting down. My diet has been in check for a couple months now but I am not seeing the results I have seen in the past. Last time around I was able to drop over 10lbs in a month with very little muscle mass loss.
    Granted, I am coming off of an injured back which has me out of the gym for a few weeks, but last cut I had an injured shoulder that had me out for the same amount of time... so I don't think that is it. I am pointing the finger at my diet, but the ONLY thing that is different this time around than in previous cuts is that my carbs are lower, but fat is higher.

On a 2,000-2,200 cal cut I used to get in about 40-50g's of fat, 250g carbs, and 225-250g protein.

This time around I am on the same 2,000-2,200 cal cut, but I upped fat to 70-80g's and cut carbs down to 150-175g's.

So naturally, the only thing I can find that might be hurting me this time around is the increased 30g's of fat per day... but I thought the cutting of carbs by ~ 100g's would help even this out.
    Is is possible that my body just reacts negatively more towards fat?
    For only a 2,000 cal diet, could 70-80g's of fat just be too high even if carbs are cut?

Thanks

2. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Anyone?

3. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

I don't think the 30g would be hurting you too much, unless its coming from junk food. You would definetly be burning more C's. Out of interest, how is your diet when your bulking?

Keep the exercise up, your body still needs to burn the foods, otherwise just be sure your keeping record correctly. You sound like your well built, so your body should be consuming over 4000C's. The weights going to begin coming off soon.

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Number wise my bulking diet changes because I increase numbers gradually from the start of the bulk to the finish.

Begining bulk usually sees 3,000 cals, 80g fat, 300 carbs, 225 protein. By the end I am at 4,000 cals, 100g fat, 375-400 carbs, 260g protein.
    I'm well built, but my body requires pretty low cal's to effectively drop bodyfat. I am not sure why this is, probably genetics since my dad is the same way.

5. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

If your still keen to lose the weight, try doing some other exersise, like swimming or running, the weight should simply drop off you. But, in the process you might lose muscle bulk, so its up to you which you prefer.

Got some pics of how you look currently?

6. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I have cut down before, and know what it takes to drop the weight... I was just hoping this time around I could keep some more fat in my diet, but apparently that slows things down for me. :(

7. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

Are you loging callories?
    put up tomorrows callories loged.

are you using E/C or anything else?

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Yes, I am using fitday. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to take a screen shot :hs:

No E/C or anything. At least not yet. Last year I used Thermo and Sesamin and that helped a bit, but nothing too spectacular... It was mostly my diet and cardio that allowed me to cut fat.

Like I said, I know what it takes to cut down. I was just hoping I could keep fats higher this time around and just cut carbs to make up for it. But I guess this 30-40g of fat increase is hurting me.... Even with carbs cut down by ~ 75-100g's.

9. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

I personally have never found macros to do shit for me, pretty much I loose fat on whatever I eat as long as i keep protein reasonable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.