A&P Analog vs. Digital photography

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by TheDilla, Jun 2, 2003.

1. TheDilla

TheDilla Guest

I was wanting t get some of your guys input on this topic. I was looking at some of the newer more professional digital cameras and it seems like you can can create almost all the same effects with a combination of software and camera as you can with analog cameras and custom developing. i recently sent some of my digital photos to ofoto.com and they came out great. Im not a photographer or an analog purist but what do you guys think is digital photography up to par with analog yet or is it still rookie status?

:)

2. Dan3S

Dan3S New Member

I wish I saved some money and time and just got a digital cam. I think the newest digital SLR's are just as good as any non digital.. Sooo much easier, and cheaper cuz there is no developing. I wish I had 3g's to blow on a digital SLR and some lenses... :wtc:

3. acabrera

acabrera Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

we've got a canon eos d60 at work and use it for our print catalog. Because of the lower price per photo we get better shots than we did with a professional 35mm catalog photographer

4. Dan3S

Dan3S New Member

Canon makes some nice digital SLRs... I want the d10 and some image stabilization lenses... :drool:

5. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

to answer the question, digital is up to par enough at this poitn to get by with most consumers

BUT... slide film still does, and for a few more years from what i've been reading, blows anything digital out of the water.

to add a little more though...

D1s > the rest of the 35mm world

if you shoot digital, lightjet printers still look alot better than inkjet ones

but it really depends on what you plan to shoot. for many photographers, digital SLRs (and some of the prosumer and pro level compacts) are more than enough to cover what you want to shoot

many newspapers have already moved to digital, but that's because newsprint does not require high levels of detail.

one of my ex-professors who has been shooting professionally for over 20 years now recently added a olympus 710 (i think it was a 710) to his cameras, but still shoots the final prints with his H1.

for me, my digital camera is great for things like light metering and the instant preview saves sooooooo much money on polaroid film. it's also nice to have along with me if i'm say just shooting casually.