SRS An Update on the situation of my aunt.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by forgotmyname, Feb 7, 2008.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Cliffs from before:
    Aunt is having a mental breakdown and my mother insists that by keeping her on our own house and prescripted pills, she will get better. In truth, she isn't.

Now, I had the opportunity to talk to my aunt, and she seems pretty confused based on what she told me.

She thinks we are living in some sort of entertainment word in which every word and sound has a deep meaning and is related. She often picks "signals" from everywhere and everything. Any sound that happens think it happens for a reason.

Ever since she met this person, she thinks he is inside of her whenever she goes. She feels judged by everything anybody says.

She knows whats going on to her and often says about going to the psychiatrist, and she has gone there but it doesn't seem like progress has been made, and she keeps on being on the same situation.

She also tells me that nobody seems to understand her.

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

oh this one the thread about her living in your basement right?

Im glad to hear she is getting help.

Any meds for her yet? How often does she go? is it a regular scheduled event?

3. forgotmyname

She has been taking some pills right now. As far as psychiatrist, as I said she had one over in PA but now she doesn't. She was supposed to go to the hospital today but....

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

She sounds really messed up. I don't see how you and your mom can give her the proper care though. Have you thought about checking her into a psychiatric institution?

5. forgotmyname

My aunt doesn't have insurance and you know how expensive medical care is in the US.

6. forgotmyname

Ok, well it seems like this shit is affecting me too.
    My aunt talks to me like I am her psychiatrist or something. I can only do so much. I can try to help her, but in the end I know shit about it. She needs to go to a fucking psychiatrist.

A bit of back story. I was in NJ last year helping my sister establish herself because she didn't have a car at the moment.

So I came back home to re-start college. I am taking five classes and I can already see myself spending some time on the books and homework. I am also jobless, because I had to move from NJ to my parent's home.

So I am like two weeks in, and my father is telling me to get job. I am like, what the fuck? Don't you see I am in college. I know a need a job, so stop fucking repeating me about it. Thanks for help for the tuition, but fuck, I still need money for gas and my own shit. Plus, I have to end up repaying them.

To top it off, my father was questioning me why i was at home so much after school. He was suspecting I was doing some sort of nasty shit with my aunt. Is he fucking stupid or something?

Now because of this, I don't even want to go home.

Fuck this. I am going to tell my mother to stop fucking wasting everybody's time. She is not going to do shit keeping my aunt at home.