MMA An old newb is back. he still sucks, and wants to know where he can get a book from

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by kroneX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Hey guys, its been a while since i have posted here. Mainly cause i moved house and have been really busy with other crap and i just havn't gotten back to the old OT. Anywho when i left off i won a small local bjj comp as a white belt. Today i fought in the state titles. Lost badly fought like shit, but opened up holes in my game that i need to work on. :wtc:

I didnt fight the way i had trained for it, and alas loss. I was playing closed guard, which i suck at, and i much prefer an open guard . Speaking of which, does anyone know of any good books that really cover the de la riva guard? Thats the guard that i am really working on at the moment and a book on it would be great. Thankyou!

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Hey man sucks about the States.
    I was speaking to your brother last night how did he go?

As for the book no idea sorry.

3. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

I think Penn's book has a small section on it. I might be wrong though. I will check in a few hours and scan the pages for you.

4. kroneX

kroneX New Member

no need i already have bj penn, the book of knowledge. There is a little bit on the de la riva guard in there but not much. i was actually looking at this DVD set: http://www.ultimateimports.com/details/prodid/15.html
    PS: sup 2ofdem My bro went okay, he got to the semis but lost to a teammate who he usually wins against most of the time, but its just who is better on the day i guess.