an old avalon 15'' long excursion...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZeroDeeFeX, Mar 26, 2003.

1. ZeroDeeFeX

ZeroDeeFeX OT Supporter

i lost my freaking sheet and i was wondering what the recommended ported enclosure size is. Before anyone starts raggin on the avalon, i have to say it has served me well but i feel it is time to retire the closed box for a nice ported enclosure.
    :bigthumb:

2. 04

04 Guest

Do you by any chance have its theile/small parameters?

3. STA

STA Guest

From WinISD
    Qts 0.50
    Qms 12.27
    Vas 10.620 ft^3
    Qes 0.52
    Fs 23.86 Hz
    SPL 91.40 db
    Re 3.46 ohm
    Pe 300.0 W
    Le 0.00
    Bl 0.00
    XMAX 1.25"
    dia 15.00"
    Z 0.00 ohm
    sd 0.00

4. ZeroDeeFeX

ZeroDeeFeX OT Supporter

i'm sorry, i'm an audio illiterate, how should i use this to build my box? i'm trying to do it without my audio freako roommate finding out so that everything is done one day and he'll be like, "what the hell? how did you pull this off." i know, i should break down and ask him for help, but hes really superior about it and pretty much rude.

i've built boxes before, but my friends just tell me exactly what size and shape they want and i do it, so i can do the actual building just fine.

5. 04

04 Guest

Yikes, if those parameters sta500qb provided are correct, you are gonna need a HUGE HUGE box. I wouldnt do much below 8cubic feet tuned to 25hz or higher. It will still be rather peaky too.

I doubt Avalon reccomends using a box that large, if you could somehow contact them, that would be the best route to take...