FRK An artical about S&M I thought some might enjoy...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Phantasm, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Phantasm

Phantasm OT's Horror movie buff

I found this to be very informitive & it has really opened my mind. How close is what is said here to the reality that some of you are in? I made an inconsiderate post last week & I apoligixe for it. I made it mainly out of not being educated about the subject of S&M. I hope none of you will hold it against me.

Taken from : http://cms.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-19990901-000039.xml

2. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

:eek3: thats a lot of info

3. Teuifel

Teuifel Guest

Great read. Explained a few things I had been wondering about.

Reynolds' theory helps us develop a greater understanding of the desire to be a whip-bearing mistress or a bootlicking slave. For example, if a child has been taught to feel shame about her body and desires, she may learn to disconnect herself from them. Even as she gets older and gains more experience with sex, her personality may retain some part of that need for separation. S & M play may act as a bridge: Lying naked on a bed bound to the bedposts with leather restraints, she is forced to be completely sexual. The restraint, the futility of struggle, the pain, the master's words telling her she is such a lovely slave--these cues enable her body to fully connect with her sexual self in a way that has been difficult during traditional sex.

Couldnt say it better myself.

4. EdvardGrieg

EdvardGrieg New Member

great article, my gf really enjoys the spanking, some of the B&D etc, I has a brief understanding of 'why' she liked it from talking to her, but this really helped out.

edit: w00t first post!

5. Great article...nothing new really, but interesting to hear the psychological theories behind S & M

6. Eugene Wildwood

Eugene Wildwood Foxbody for life!

sticky..? This would be good for info and such for people wondering..

7. xela

xela So say we all!

Really good article. I'm glad I took the time to read it.