amsn and isight camera...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LooneyTuned, Nov 29, 2006.

1. LooneyTuned

LooneyTuned Oil? Bitch you cookin OT Supporter

Hey all,

Im havin a probelm with my amsn and isight. Im not sure how many people use it but im pretty sure its the only msn that isight can be used with. Anyways i wanted to chat with my bro online, and it can never connect with him.

He doesnt have his cam with him right now but that shouldnt matter because he should still get to be able to see me.

well i looked at the faq( http://amsn.sourceforge.net/devwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Webcam+In+aMSN ) and it said that it could be because my router is firewalled..

if i go to configure webcam it gives me type: IP-Restrict-NAT,

how do i go about getting around my firewall or router, not really sure with a mac. thanks niggas!

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I had this problem last year bc I had a router setup in my dorm bc I had multiple computers. i couldn't ever get it to fix.

there are lots of articles online about this though, search google, hopefully youll have more luck than I did.

3. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

I think that if you are using ichat, you can only do a one-way video chat if both people are using ichat. Have you considered doing a chat over aol instant messanger. I use that with an isight/router and it works fine.

4. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

dowload Skype.. they have a mac version that is supposed to pretty decent. signing up for a skype account is really easy too. i haven't tested it out yet - but i think it is going to be decent