TAT Amputation...*good read*

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by S.N.A.F.U., Dec 28, 2003.

1. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

I was curious about amputation and found this article from Bmezine. It's very interesting...it shows a litte history...It does have a few photos that show blood...

http://www.bmezine.com/news/cc/20031217.html

enjoy!
    -OTG

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

K, my dad has had an amputation of a tip of his finger due to a unfortunate accident with a motorbike, however when i looked at the article :ugh: the third guy from the left is actually laughing while he's cutting off his finger. How does anyone manage that whille being sober? I heard that cutting of your finger(ampuparty) is a pretty popular thing, which i can hardly imagine due to the fact that my dad constantly says that he would really like the tip of his finger back to be able type in a correct way on his computer keyboard.

I think the picture looks cool though, but i've heard that the tip of a finger contains the most sensetive nerve's (exept from eyes) in the body, so that must be really painfull. It doesn't really look hygenic as well , i mean do those people know what they are doing or what they are missing in the sense of their future careers? Sure you'll survive, but it's not really handy i think...

3. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

not 'handy' lol....sorry. well, people do things for different reason. I am not an ampute and i love my digits so I don't know why they cut them off. And no what the russians are doing that picture does not look clean. I'm not encouraging you to try this. Just trying to educate some people.

I'll get more information from an amputee if you are really curious.

4. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

That's just a little TOO out there for me...but different strokes for differnt folks.

5. red^star

red^star Guest

that's pretty fucking stupid

6. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

Where as it might be pretty stupid/pointless to you, I'm sure it isn't to them (the people doing it). :dunno: I don't think Katie's point was to make anyone accept it or like it, but more to let people who are interested in learning more about extreme body mods read a good article... :bigthumb:

I'm glad you posted this. :bigthumb:
    I was going to post about it, but I was waiting on BME to reply about a membership first. It's not something I personally would ever want to do, but still interesting to read/learn about. :bigthumb: It's one of those things that most people will never even know exists, so it's really interesting to see that people actually do it, and why... :)

7. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

your comment isn't much better...

8. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

Seriously...out of curiousity...why would you want to do that? :confused:

9. Actvs Dei

Actvs Dei OT Supporter

I know a few people whove modded themselves that way. Modding is in a sense about feeling "whole" or complete and they needed to do that to feel that way. Its pretty simple really and not something that anyone does lightly. If anyone here is considering an amputation please realize that you will have to do it privately since its currently illegal (that I know of) everywhere in the US. Also please consider it from all angles before proceeding since this procedure is totally irreversable(like i have to tell anyone here. haha)

10. abortedkatfetus

abortedkatfetus Trolling AE

I dont know...I am pretty open minded...but I cant think of anything I would amputate...maybe a toe, but never a hand or finger...I dont know... :wtc:

11. sweet jesus!!!

sweet jesus!!! Active Member

There's actually a very rare disorder that some of these people have that basically wants them free of a certain appendage.
    They perform back alley amputations, no anesthesia, with saws and bone cutters and pay quite well for it. Like previously posted, they just want to be free of an appendage so bad they will do anything and go anywhere to have it done.
    The other ones, the "omg i'm so hip to dead religion" are just fucking stupid.
    Cutting digits in the name of false deitys.

12. Darketernal

Yeah body dismorphia , i've seen a docu on discovery channel about it, they long to be in a wheelchair, or have their right arm off for instance. I bet they lost their arms or legs in a previous life or something and have a akward feeling that in this life it shouldn't be there :rolleyes:

13. abortedkatfetus

So is this more of a behavioral disorder? :confused:

14. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

:werd: I consider myself pretty open minded, but there really is no tip-toeing around this, its completely retarded. But hey, its thier body, they can fuck it up however they want to.

15. Darketernal

3 possible possibities why anyone would cut of their fingers.

1. Abundant usage of hard drugs.
    2. Lack of parental attention.
    3. :nuts:

Body dismorphia is more of a psychosis, and isn't related to cutting of fingers. Where as cutting of a digit is more of a kick or a trendy thing to do. Body dismorphia is the complete detestment of one or more whole sets of your lims. You feel that it doesn't belong there. I've heard that people who have this disease feel complete happyness when they decapitate the lim that they hate, while as no docter will give this treatment to help and amputate these people, they resort into far much more dangerous things like putting their hated lim on a railroad track waiting for a train to decapitate it, or other instruments like saws and all the other things you could scare a lot of people with in a horror movie.

16. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

a few big wig political psychologist also say that being gay is done for attention and or lack of parenting as a child....do you agree with this?

17. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

You know what Katie... I gotta agree with ya on this... Good point! :bigthumb:

18. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

I am sure body dysmorphia is a real disorder, no doubt in my mind. But cutting off body parts simply for fun or to be different, which this article appears to be about, is pretty dumb.

19. Darketernal

My point is even more radical, although the deed itself may be unnatural, being gay is as natural as it comes. Everyone is gay or is still to become gay, so therefore it's pointless to dispise these people.

20. Darketernal

Although amputation is a modification, it's also a big handicap. And i think there's a big difference between those in that amputation brings permanent change and damage, while a simple piercing may heal and is re-choosable.

21. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

I wouldn't know. I don't have any body modifications. I will eventually get a tattoo, but thats it. As I said before, its not my body, I don't care what anyone else does to their own body. However, it is my personal belief that 99.9% of people who do this only do it to "shock" other people, i.e- most of the people who do this are attention whores.

22. red^star

red^star Guest

I think it's fucking stupid. It's my opinion. deal

23. abortedkatfetus

I would like to see Nickos take on this subject :)

24. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

My opinion on this, I like playing guitar and I love typing real fast, no way in hell I can see myself losing even part of a finger. But then again that's just me

25. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

perhaps you are in the wrong forum then...