Amp recommendations?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by float, Jun 6, 2004.

1. float

float New Member

I just bought a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X579 HU and in about a week or two I think I'm gonna finish my audio setup. I'm opnly gonna run one 10" sub so I know I won't need too much power in the amp. Any suggestions as to what amp I could use? I'm not sure on the sub I'm going to run yet either, so maybe a suggestion on that too?

2. 04

04 Guest

How much would you like to spend on the amplifier? How much on the sub? How much cabin space do you have for the sub? Also, how large of an enclosure can the subwoofer have?

3. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

if you are not sure a relatively inexpensive idea would be a resonant engineering SE12 and a JBL bp600.1 good combo!

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

5. float

float New Member

Cost is the cost of a good quality system, I don't wanna spend 500+ or anything but I'm not stressting over cost either.

I'll look into your suggestion Pharcyde.

6. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

SE's are awesome subs i used to have 2 10's of a JBL 1200.1. heres the old setup

[​IMG]

7. Dr.JuliusHibbard

Dr.JuliusHibbard New Member

If you want a cool factor amp, look at the Kenwood eXcelons to go along iwth your deck. The 04 models are MUCH improved and have a cool feature that allows you to run a data (cd changer) cable to the amp and control some settings and it allows you to monitor things like voltage, current draw, and amp temp. They even sound pretty good.