AMP or Speakers or Software?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SoD, Sep 27, 2004.

1. SoD

SoD New Member

My left speaker is putting out more bass then my right speaker, and my right speaker acts fucked up if i put the bass up more.

when i plug my headphones in the amp the same happens on the headphones so i'm starting to think that it's my amp or software for my Sound Blaster Live!

I'll list my equipment it's fucking old and shitty but it doesnt seem like anything is damaged.

The amp, Peice of shit, but hopefully it aint' fucked.
    [​IMG]

The speakers are 2 80Watt 3-way Speakers (are the tweeters suppose to put out sound? Well if they are, they arent)[​IMG]

Hopefully i have them set up incorrectly and it's an easy fix.

Oh another question, this amp has a button for "surround" and 2 RCA plugs on the back labeld for "Surround" is that poor mans surround sound or something?

2. 04

04 Guest

have you switched the speakers between the two channels? I'd guess that the woofer is blown in one of them.

3. SoD

SoD New Member

I think your guess is right, what will a blown woofer look like? if i take it apart?

4. SoD

SoD New Member

holy shit i dont know what i did, but i cut the speaker cloth to expose the speakers and now it works fine....wtf?

5. 04

04 Guest

Perhaps the woofer cone was hitting the cloth on the speaker?

6. SoD

SoD New Member

Hmmm, yea thats what i was thinking, i have them both bare now and everything is fine now. :)

Except i crave more bass...