Amp Instal on a 96 Sonoma ?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Observer, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Observer

Observer Guest

I have a 96 Sonoma and wondering what is the best way to run the power wire from the battery to the amp . The amp will sit behind the seat. This is a regular cab by the way and i was thinking taking the jack out and put the jack in the tool box and then put the amp where the jack sits. I[ was thinking to just drill a hole out the bottem of the cab and run the wire along the frame and then come back up through the engine bay. What do you guys think of this idea or is there any better ideas? keep in mind this is 4 gauge wire

Thanks

2. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I don't know how different your 96 sonoma is from my 98 blazer, but there is a rubber grommet under the passenger side foot area that the antenna runs through.. I ran mine thru that hole and under the carpet....

3. Observer

Observer Guest

like on the floor underneath the carpet this gromet is? Searching through the engine bay I noticed a couple of orange plugs they are right in line with the passengers feet. I dont know what they are there for so unless someone else knows im going to stick with my first idea and go down by the jack along the frame and back up through the engine bay again ....

It seems easiest?

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

yeah, it's right under the carpet. It's in the upper part of the floor, close to the bottom of the dash.

5. Supernoma

Supernoma servus publicae OT Supporter

Use the antenna hole, thats where mine is. Then just follow the carpet along the passenger door trim, then tuck it under the carpeted part of the back wall. Cut a small slice into the wall carpet and pull the wire through.

Thats how I ran mine. :)

6. Observer

Observer Guest

I was hoping to not cut the carpet though. You guys running in the carpet what size is your wire? Im using 4gauge

7. 93ex

93ex New Member

Im runnin 0/1 no carpet cutting

8. Observer

Observer Guest

How ? where?!

9. Supernoma

Supernoma servus publicae OT Supporter

Up and over the back wall, or by the seatbelt sensor. Depends on where he has his amp installed.