Amp for a 10'' W6????

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DJxRad, Nov 27, 2003.

1. DJxRad

DJxRad New Member

I just bought a W6 and i am currently using my friends old Clarion amp, any suggestions on a decent amp? i listen to a variety of music, mostly rap and break beats.. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

is this a v2 or the original w6...which ohm configuration?

3. DJxRad

DJxRad New Member

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

a dual 4 ohm...so let's give it 300+ watts....is this gonna be a sealed or ported (or another type) of enclosure???

i'd check out the dei viper 600d amp on sounddomain...i'll look around elsewhere, i haven't bought a sub amp in awhile so i'm not sure what the going prices are

how much money do you wanna spend???

5. DJxRad

DJxRad New Member

i was hopin less than $500.. but the holidays are right around the corner.. sealed box.. thanks for the suggestions.

6. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I hope you didn't buy that sub online. If you did, JL won't honour the warranty, so I hope you don't have any problems with it.

But anyway, here is a great amp at a price that you WON'T beat. If your sub is dual 4 ohm, then this amp is perfect for you, 500watts rms @ 2ohm. Just parallell your voice coils into this amp, and voila.
    Your sub is rated at 400 watts, but believe me, JL's subs can take WAY more than that. I run JL and have more than the reccomended power, and they love it.
    Also check out other amps on this site, they have killer deals on some stuff.
    I gaurantee you won't find a better amp than this for a price this low. $170 :eek3: I don't know if you have ever heard of Soundstream, but I have, and they make very good stuff. I would buy one up in a hearbeat if I were in the market for a new amp.
    So now you have a kickass amp and you don't need to spend anywhere near $500. You can take the money you saved and upgrade some other part of your stereo system, or buy two of these amps, and ebay the other one for some profit.
    http://www.millionbuy.com/sosrub5002.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  7. denim

denim New Member

thats the amp I was thinking when i saw this thread