Amp and sub box help please!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dsmgst, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Dsmgst

Dsmgst New Member

I'm planning on buying an Alpine 9813 Headunit with Kicker Resolution Rs6c's up front and leaving the back 6.5's stock. For subs i'm going with 2 Adire Shivas.

My questions are what amp(s) would I need to get if I wanted to run the kickers at around 100W and each shiva at around 300W? I was planning on powering the rear speakers through the HU and finding a cheap 2 channel amp to power the kickers and another seperate sub amp to power the 2 shivas but I need help on deciding which specific amps I should look into. As for budget i'm looking at around 250-300 for each amp max.

The last question I have is if I want to run a sealed box for my 2 shivas what would be the appropriate dimensions? I'm definately looking for a little more SQ than SPL in a set up. My car is a hatchback so trunk space is pretty ample for a car its size which leads me to believe there's enough space for the larger sized box that shivas require.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

3. Dsmgst

Dsmgst New Member

For the mono amp would the USX600D suffice or would I need to get the USX800D?

4. 04

04 Guest

The 600D should suffice. What sized box do you have your Shiva's in?

5. 04

04 Guest

If you want SQ, then I suggest a large sealed box. I would get the Q around .707, and in a sealed box thats about 5 cubic feet for both. However, you can still get good sound quality out of a smaller box, especially since your car is a hatchback. I wouldnt go any smaller than 3 cubic feet sealed for both though.

6. Dsmgst

Dsmgst New Member

Ahh ok, thanks for the help :bigthumb: