GUN Ammo Reviews?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ahead, Apr 3, 2006.

1. ahead

ahead New Member

Hey, been looking online for some ammo reviews (different brands), but not coming up with anything thats worth looking at. since you guys seem to have shot all kinds of ammo from the cheap to the pricey can you guys post reviews with cal/specs of the ammo you shot maybe along with what you shot it out of? help a new guy out who doesnt wanna shoot shitty ammo out of his brand new gun who also wants to learn about this stuff. feel free to post what helped you out when you were starting out. thanks :bowdown:

2. ahead

ahead New Member

oh yea, im looking for 9mm to shoot through my P2k. but post up whatever, might be a good resource if people post reviews.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9mm I shoot alot of reloads, Wolf, Silver Bear, and NATO Milsurp stuff at the range, for carry I use Ranger SXT's which shoot real nice but I dont like wasting them at the range, I stick with cheap stuff for practice.

4. Furner

Furner New Member

if you are looking for good reliable 9mm range ammo, its hard to beat the price of WWB at walmart.

5. ahead

ahead New Member

i dont have any walmarts in my area, i actually dont even know where there is one around here. lived here for 8 years, never seen one from what i remember. im buying American Eagle right now, might try out Wolf later.

WWB = Winchester white box? they have that at the shop i bought my gun and ammo at, i was wondering about them. ill check out the price on them when i go in tomorrow. thanks for the info guys, keep it coming

6. ahead

ahead New Member

7. ahead

ahead New Member

haaha, i noticed where it said not loaded. i figured it was his way of saying its not reload. when i looked at the prices they didnt look too off from standard ammo ive seen at shops... thanks for the heads up though

8. ahead

ahead New Member

explain why you disagree?

9. ahead

ahead New Member

yea i read that review a few days ago, interesting read. id think penetrating a body would be a bit different than penetrating an Arrowhead bottle with a gallon of water in it though.

so for a defense round what should i look for, lower grain or higher? i may be wrong but ive been looking at higher counts, and the ammo bnb posted was rated at 90gr. is that considered really low for a defense round?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Everyone trying to decide how to pick out a defensive round needs to read this http://www.thegunzone.com/quantico-wounding.html so they don't buy crap like rbcd and extreme shock.

My 9mm carry ammo is RA9T, .380 is some old santa barbara stuff since its not a hollow point, .38spl is 158gr lswchp prefereably by remington, 10mm is preferably 165gr double tap golden sabers or winchester gold dots.

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Yes they have, but the principles of what type of handgun wounds are effective have not and thats what the FBI paper is really about. It doesn't tell you what round to buy but it tells you what to look for as far as penetration and expansion when you are selecting a defensive round. To me reading that paper tells you why RBCD is crap even if it didn't exist at the time the paper was written. If it were a guide telling you what brand and flavor to buy, I'd agree but I don't get your point.