Amityville: Real or Not

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Valley12341, May 2, 2005.

1. Valley12341

Valley12341 New Member

I heard it was real before I saw the remake of it, and just figured it was. The other day i was on a website and made me wonder if it's real or not. So is it real or made up? Here is the website I was looking at... http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/amityville.asp

2. Dalius

Dalius Guest

:hsugh: that movie sucked, and i laughed when it said "based on a true story' in the beginning...clearly if it's a ghost story, it's made up

3. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

not.

4. Teh Jebus

Teh Jebus Active Member

Not real, much like the Texas Chainsaw Masacre.

It's based on a bunch of lies from a family who lived at the home after the murder that took place there. They claimed that demons haunted them, ran past windows, talked to them, even knocked the door in. But in the end, it was all lies. They were payed to do it by the lawyer of the man who murdered his family in the house. He was trying to get a possible insanity plea, or even the devil made me do it type plea. There's plenty of books on it.

5. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

definitely not real. the "based on a true story" is added for effect. nothing beyond that.

6. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

The people who lived there say it happened, there was a bunch of books and research and shit about it. But how do you really research something like that? I think that the family always claimed it really happened though.

7. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

From what I have read is that the family bought the house and it turned out to fall apart and they wanted out of it so they made up all of it to get out of it.