AMD vs. Intel

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MeanGreen, Oct 10, 2006.

1. MeanGreen

MeanGreen New Member

With the mother board i picked i had to get an am2 amd processor but they i have people saying "OMG why amd intel is so much better" and "why waste you money on intle when you can get the same from AMD for less".

So since i'm going to have this box for a while which way should i go. Wait for the mother board i want to be release with the intel chipset or just rock on them AMD

currently considering:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor

2. cvgwpg

cvgwpg Guest

There are benefits to having AMD or INTEL depending what you are using it for.

Personally I have INTEL and I love it. It has been fast and very dependable. If there is a cost factor and it might be a little more, trust me it is worth it, esp. if you are using for working applications.

Bottom line...

If you are into gaming mostly, then AMD is your best best.

If you are into using working applications for business, graphic designing, video editing, audio production, then the INTEL processor is best.

3. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Intel...no question.

4. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

Intel...for now.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Intel processors (core 2 duos) are currently out performing AMD and it looks like this will continue for some time. There really is no question in my mind....when you look at the 2, Intel is clearly the leader.

This battle has been raging for many, many years and people are very picky about their companies. For many, your processor either labels you as cool, hip, smart and an informed techno geek or your branded a wanna be. However, this is true for both AMD and INtel fans. It's best to do your own homework and make up your own mind.

6. PeacefulAnarchy

PeacefulAnarchy You get one for the money, two for the show, three

Fuck the Core 2 Duo, buy a Pentium D 805 and overclock the son of a bitch to 4GHz. It's easy to do...

That's my next upgrade...Trashing this Athlon XP 3200+/X800XL for a 4GHz Pentium D 805 and a 7900GS...

7. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

That's alright except it draws a shitload of power and produces a shitload of heat. If you don't mind that (many won't), then it could well be the best option (cheap as hell).

8. droopz

droopz New Member

If they'd hurry up and release some decent Core2 SLI motherboards it would make to decision alot easier. I really wouldnt mind a Crosshair right now, but like everyone says, Core 2 is where its at right now.

9. Axespeed

Axespeed It's only after we've lost everything, that we're OT Supporter

i just got my computer yesterday...has a the new Intel Core 2 Duo... 1.8 GHz
    but the AMD 64X2 is really good. I still prefer Intel though