WEB Amazon Affiliate question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ender0910, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

I was looking to try out Amazon ads on one of my sites instead of Google Adsense. And I'm stuck between two types of ads:

1. Omakase. Works like adsense - auto selects the keywords by crawling your site
    2. Recommended Product Links - you set the category and keywords

I would almost immediately go with option 2, since I have more control over what is shown on the page. But it looks like I can't select more than one category. My target niche spans a couple different categories... but this limits me to one.

Does anyone have any experience with Amazon ads and how accureate Omakase links are?

Thanks.

2. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

how much actual content do you have on your website?

3. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

description wise etc.

4. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

Very little. It's a minimalistic site that offers a single function. What text there is is very relevant, but there isn't much.

So I threw up the Omakase last night and checked it today... the results sucked. It had nothing to do with my niche (it was still trying to serve logitech cameras and stuff).

I switched over to the manual keyword method. I might look into setting up an aStore or something similar so I can customize the items further.

One other thing I liked about the Omakase style was that it allowed you to customize the look much more. Now I have this giant Amazon logo on my page :|