A&P Amazing deal on Canon portable dye-sub printer

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mojito, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mojito

mojito New Member

J&R has been basically giving these things away lately. Every week its a slightly different deal. 2 weeks ago the deal included a free 108 sheet paper kit, so it couldn't hurt to call.

I have an older model, but have already bought several from them and received them, so it is a legit deal.

Its a thermal printer, prints 4x6, 4x8, credit card or stickers. The 4x6 paper is premade to be a postcard on the back. Dye sub is instant dry, waterproof and since its a continuous tone you actually get more shades of each color in it. Paper has to be the special canon stuff, but at $25 for 108 sheets of paper and ink, thats not bad. It folds up to like 5x6.5x2, so it travels well. Thats why I bought one, send postcards home from the road. Connects to the camera or comp.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4021088

2. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

why so cheap though? i'm def. considering it, but i can't help but ask why it's less than a 1/4 of its original price

3. mojito

mojito New Member

dunno. i thought it was sketchy too, but I ordered one as a gift and received it no prob, and a friend ordered 2 and got them too. Circuit city had it for 20, but it was after a 50 rebate, and I think was only last weekend.